CHAPTER TWO: ESCAPE!!

"Wake up, demon!"

Gestalt opened his eyes and realized his feet were dragging behind him as two men at opposite sides of himself firmly gripped his arms.

"Wake up and kneel!" said the masculine voice again.

Gestalt didn't know what was happening, but he smelled something wonderful. He raised his head and saw a fair-skinned woman sitting on a golden throne surrounded by spear-wielding knights. Shining silver curtains hung from every wall, and the cold ceiling before him glowed like gold—it probably was gold, and this probably was some kind of temple, Gestalt thought.

 Shining silver curtains hung from every wall, and the cold ceiling before him glowed like gold—it probably was gold, and this probably was some kind of temple, Gestalt thought

The woman before Gestalt was gorgeous and he thought she looked to be in her late-twenties. Her hair curled into perfect golden spirals that dangled past her shoulders, and her large, round breasts were nearly visible through her white silk robes. Her eyes were emerald green and her lips were full and red. Sparkles of golden dust caked every inch of her exposed skin. The beautiful woman radiated a kind of light that both mesmerized and terrified Gestalt at once.

"Kneel before the Goddess Deus!" The knight kicked Gestalt's back hard with his boot, causing Gestalt to fall face-first upon the gold tile ground.

"Ganelon, this is the demon you caught in Narshe?" asked Deus.

"Yes, my Goddess," replied Ganelon, whose voice Gestalt now recognized. Ganelon was the knight from the fair. "The villagers saw him appear out of nowhere. Only magic could do that. He is either a demon or he is aligned with them."

The Goddess looked at Gestalt, smiling and batting her eye-lashes seductively.

"Tell me child," said Deus in a soft voice. "What is your name?"

Gestalt thought about whether he should say who he is, then decided it would probably be best to cooperate. Maybe they would let him go if he answered their questions?

"My name is Gestalt. What do you want with me?"

"What kind of magic do you use?" said Deus.

"I didn't use any magic," said Gestalt. "Look, I think there's been a misunderstanding. Whatever game you're playing, I'm not in it. I'm just at the fair to look around."

"He lies," said Ganelon. "He dares to lie to you, my Goddess! Let me strike him down before you and do you justice!"

"Hold on," said Deus. "I am not done with him yet. I want to know what magic he has. It may be a type that I do not yet have."

Deus rose from her throne and walked toward Gestalt. He looked up at her as she gently put her soft hands around his cheeks and carefully lifted his head from the ground. Gestalt's eyes met with the Goddess', and they stared deeply at one another. Deus' eyes twinkled with a golden light.

"Give me your magic," whispered Deus, and as she spoke Gestalt focused on her lips. "Kiss me and give me everything you have."

Gestalt closed his eyes and was going to let her kiss him. The thought was pleasant; in fact the thought seemed great.