The God & The Fox

You all know the story of the of the Chinese Zodiac, Of how the God had the the rat bring the animals to the banquet, of how the rat lied to the cat. I know you have, one way or another.
But the one you haven't heard was the story of the God and the Fox.

You know the nine-taild fox being a omen of evil, but the God saw differently. To him the fox was a company a close friend that protected him from the darkness that crawld into the light. But one day, the day of the banquet, the fox disappeared. The god was scared and angry, why had his protector lave him. What he didn't know was that his dear friend had left to fetch the cat, but got lost along the way. Out of anger the god let down a curse a curse on his self  That could only be broken the his dear friend returned to his side. So for hundreds of years the fox wondered through the forest of life looking for its dear friend.

A Hundred years later a boy was born, he was with curse of the God,  destant to die alone, that if his companion did not return.

A Hundred years later a Girl was born with hair as red as flame and eyes as blue as the sea, she was born with the curse of the Fox.

The only thing left to do is to rebuild the bond the once was.