the devil named James

My eyes were glued to this sexy piece of man right in front of me.

He's half Asian, i think Korean and Black. His mother was clearly black. I've never seen a woman that looked so elegant and scary at the same time. She looks like she've seen her fair share of bullshit. I wonder how much adventures and stories lay behind those hazel eyes of hers. Damn, her offspring through. Something is just..... pulling me to him.

He stood up and I got a better look at him. I had to admit, my neck started to hurt after a while. If my guess is correct, he is 6ft.

He wore this suit that accentuates his body. This black suit, with white strips and oof i think I'm in love. ( with the suit that is)

I felt him check me out, check out all my non-existent curves

I felt him check me out, check out all my non-existent curves. It was so awkward.

Our eyes met and the world stop. It was just us in that moment, then BOOM!

flash back

"Dad? DAD!" I screamed, calling for him but heard nothing.

"Em? Em! Wake up!" a familiar called out to me.

I took in my surrounds, it was small,comforting.

"Are you okay?"my mother asked with a worried expression on her face. sometimes I forget she actually loves me.

"Yeah," I tried to sound convincing and failed. My voice was hoarse,"Where are we?" I asked, trying to sit up.

"we're in the break-room of the the law-firm," she informed me," Your friend, Jaden brought us to the back here."

" I feel better, let's get this over with and go home" I said, getting off the bed and slipping on my sneakers.

"okay," she sigh.

I feel like she is hiding something from me. Something she's not telling me.

We got back to the conference room, i apologized and sat down next to the mystery boy, avoiding eye contact. I felt so embarrassed.

"emerald are you feeling better?" the same man from the hallway asked.

"Yes I am," I gave a weak smile.

"okay cool," he started, " So both of you were called here today to discuss the arranged marriage."

I glance up at the male sitting beside me and watched as he closely listened. He doesn't seem to be bothered. Huh

"Emerald, this is happening because your dad wanted to join the two pa-" he spoke but got interrupted by some loud obvious coughing, coming from my mom.

"Ummm, this is happening because dad was in a..... gang, he was in a gang annnd he got in some deep trouble and the other gang wanted the first born child," he said in one breath.

"wait wait wait, no offense to anybody but like, first, who the fuck asks for the first born," I started," Who is he Rumpelstiltskin?"

"Emerald!' my mom sounded shocked

"and second, if he really wanted the first born, why me?" i asked confused," why not Alec, he's my OLDER brother." I finished my rant.

"Bunny, I asked for you specifically," a smirk made its way across his face while those words shivered down me spine.