Letter 4

Morgan,
On August st 2002, I was allowed to hurt you for the first time. I had been slowly working up to it. The power death had given me was to cause you pain equal to my own, once you felt that I had to stop or suffer some consequence. I paid the consequence no mind, I had a one track mind and was highly goal oriented. Furthermore, I didn't think there was anything I could do that would ever measure to what you had down to me.
Anyway, August 1st 2002, four years after you killed me,you met Steven Clark...and I found my in. He was kind, gentle, loving...the same way my Joseph had been— and truth be told, the longer I stayed in limbo...the more I missed my Joseph. It's unfair to say you just met Steven Clark, it's more fair to say that the lady he swore he saw that made him swerve into your 2002 Mercedes Benz —you were always so materialistic— was me...showing myself to a man. I can't say I didn't enjoy seeing your car flip over. What I didn't see coming was Steven saving you. I suppose death has his own way of balancing my acts but I didn't see it that way, and believe me when I say I boiled in my own anger when you made it out of the hospital three days later.
I was even more angry when you and Steven hit it off, and fell in love three months later. I was full of rage at the thought of you getting to be happy. After all you killed your dear friend at 25. You suffered no consequences for those actions. When I told death this, he proceeded to tell me that I hadn't reached the threshold of pain yet, and that I could keep going. So...I did. Your string of miscarriages after that? Trust me...you weren't to blame..that was me. And when I still failed to reach the limit then,..I realized that I was missing something. Little did I know that death had the answer.
Love your dearest friend
Karma (a.k.a Kimberly)