C H A P T E R 1

Eik crouched down in the undergrowth, holding his bow. He flicked his ear, signaling his other tribe members to attack. The cheetah drew the arrow back and released. A screech of pain came from the animal. It staggered backwards and collapsed on the ground. The other Sokodokai hunters leapt forward and sliced it with their knifes. The Haokkam, a green deer like creature,  was now dead. Eik stood and swayed his tail. "Another one for the tribe.." He smirked and walked towards the animal, grabbed its tail, and dragged it towards their camp.

"Eik," Soduki said, approaching the second leader as he and the hunting party walked into camp. "We have an injured tehwye and there is no healer. You need to help - you're the one who trained to be one five years ago. Please.." Eik dropped the dead animal and pointed towards the food den. The others walked away, dragging the Kill behind. Eik nodded. "I'll help. Who is it? What hurt them?" "Quaromak. It's One of the guard's arrows. He got hit on accident while adventuring - its what he told me - and he's bleeding a lot." "Alright, I'll be right there."

Eik was in the healer den, looking over the herbs and liquids. "If I just-.." He pushed them apart and his eyes softened. "Why are these here?.." Eik saw expired medicines and poisonous spikes from fish, he knew who did this, and it was the Grackai. He's glad they haven't been used yet. Eik picked them up and threw them out into the lake. He grabbed herbs and liquids and headed over to the tehwye, an important part of the tribe. They were like warriors and blacksmiths. Quaromak was a guard for the Grackai tribe. He is a Komodo dragon  and he is very aggresive and loves to snipe people with his arrows, even if they do no harm or trying to invade the territory.