C H A P T E R 3

Ganeli walked through the tunnels, sniffing the tangy air. "Once we get there, we don't leave, okay?" He said, glancing over his shoulder. "Okay." Oklo replied, swaying her tail.

"Over here," A Sokodokai guard snarled, speeding up. He grabbed his spear and poked a few bones in a corner. "This is her lair. The tunnels are where she sleeps. We're in the center." A rumble came from the other side of the clearing. The guards backed away and unsheathed their swords. A panther appeared. It was black, and had two tails, millions of battle scars, and it was covered in mud and blood. "There she is.." A guard smirked and yelled in Pokiian. They all raced to the beast's side and attacked with their weapons. "IT'S HUGE! WE'RE GON-" The guard was suddenly taken by the large cat and swallowed whole. Blue blood splattered on the tunnel walls. The panther was not satisfied. It was still hungry.

"Wait, wait, wait," Oklo said, pulling on Ganeli's arm. "I hear something.." "What is it now, O?.." Ganeli grumbled, turning around. "It's Ezalyr. The Beast That Roams The Tunnels." Ganeli snorted. "There's no beast..You're just hearing things." Oklo tightened her grasp on his arm. "I know what I heard." She growled through gritted teeth. "Give me your sword." She unseathed it from his back and rushed forward, crouching down. "Hey, O, what are you-" "Shut Up, Gen.."  She snarled and turned around, putting the sword to his chin. "Talk and I slit your throat." She gazed at him and then placed the sword in her belt. "Come on, let's get going. Keep your eyes and ears open." They continued to walk. "Fine. but if we get killed, it's not my fault."

They made it to a clearing that had more tunnels on every side. "Valik didn't say where to go after this.." Oklo said, looking around. "We're screwed." "No, we're not." Ganeli said. He walked forwards and into a different tunnel. "This way, O." Oklo grumbled and followed. Finally, there was an exit. Once they made it onto the grass, Oklo inhaled and smiled. "The Sokodokai territory smells just as I imagined..Right Gan?" She turned and looked around. "Gan? Ganeli, where'd you go?" She growled in frustration and kicked the dirt. "All this way for nothing.." The fox shook her head and continued walking.

She made it to a jungle. "I'm here. Hope he's here too.." Oklo flicked her ears and looked around. "Better than that desert.." She snickered and stepped forward. "HALT." Boomed a voice from the trees. A cheetah leapt down and snatched her sword. "Hey, wh- Give it back!" She bounced up and down to grab it. "Nah, not a chance, love." He swayed his tail in amusement. "You're so small! About the size of a  Qogh and if you don't know what that is it's a very small beetle." Oklo grumbled and crossed her arms. "I'm not and I know what a Qogh is, I wasn't born yesterday.. I'll have you know, I'm as tall as the Grass Giants.." "Sure you are. I'm Epano. You?"
He asked. "Oklo." She replied. "Ah, you come from Dunako, eh?" The gray-red Fox stiffened and looked up. "How'd you—" "You were a traitor." He smiled. "Welcome to the jungle. You have a fresh start here."