C H A P T E R 6

Oklo sat in camp, drinking water out of a wood bowl. She soon finished and set it down by the rock beside her. "It's well organized here..Dunako was a big mess.." she murmured to herself.
Oklo places the wood bowl down, waiting for assistance. The room was lit up with torches and fire and writing was on the walls like paintings and words in the Anqui language.
Suki stepped into the room, then sat next to Oklo. "So, how'd you get banished?" She asked, flicking her ear as she took her skull off her head. Soduki was a grey wolf with battle scars on her shoulders and waist, her eyes were a very light and pastel green. Her nose was painted blue and so were her paw pads.
Oklo looked up at Soduki but didn't look her in the eyes, "My brother and I killed someone in the tribe." She said with guilt. Soduki seemed surprised, the dunako would've executed her. Why didn't they though? She was curious as to why they decided banishing. "Just a banish? Really?" Soduki tilted her head. Oklo lowered her head. "Yes, I don't know why. I'm just lucky I didn't get executed."

Soduki looked at the paintings on the wall as she talked. "Well, you're lucky you're here, we're the only accepting tribe, other tribes wouldn't just accept a banished member into their tribe. But you're not apart of this tribe, you're just here to be safe and protected. You cannot go on any missions or battles. I'm sorry but rules are rules, anyways don't get into trouble. It's dawn now, get to bed." She smiled and patted Oklo as she got up and headed to her den. Oklo stepped out of the den she was in and went into the tunnels that led to the dens, she sat in the room that was already lit up and ready for her, it was probably like that for everyone. She grabbed the kegis fur, which is an Elephant with moss as old as the planet worn on their backs. They have very sharp tusks that are used for weapons. They are sacred and cannot be killed, we only get the tusks when they drop them or die every 8 years. And their moss has the cure for fevers that break out every spring.

The fur was soft and silky, she grabbed her pillow made of red grass from the red fields that lead to the gathering tree, where all the tribe leaders gather for updates and peace. No war or hunting can go on there. The great oak, also known as the gathering tree, is very sacred and cannot be damaged.
Oklo pressed her head against the grass pillow, she shut her eyes but couldn't sleep. She tumbled and turned to try and find a comfortable spot. They were all comfortable she just couldn't sleep. Insomnia, it was. Flashbacks from when she betrayed her tribe and killed the only important member filled her head. Why did she do it? She doesn't know, neither does Ganeli. Ganeli helped, they were both banished. But Oklo was already a huge trouble maker and almost got executed. She was a traitor. Oklo had enough and decided to sneak out and get everything out of her mind, she promised herself she won't get spotted and stay hidden. Oklo got up and pushed the kegis fur off of her, she crawled through the tunnels and entered the camp. It was empty, everyone was in their dens and asleep. She crawled into the bush and didn't venture far, she was still in the territory. She found the old ruins, she had never seen it before but she knew the sokodakai tribe owned it. It was beautiful. Ancient structures with ancient writing on it, moss prickled  over it, and vines were everywhere. Flowing flowers and plants were surrounding it, the whole forest was lit up. It was beautiful. Haokkam were sleeping in flower beds that flowed with a vibrant glowing blue, this Haokkam was blue with moose antlers but the body of a fawn, a baby deer. The mother was blue with small antlers, she eyed Oklo but knew Oklo wasn't going to do any damage, she continued eating the leaves that fall from the ancient trees that sit here  and keeping a close watch on her fawn. "I like this place" Oklo said, smiling as she looked around. She suddenly heard a rustle in the bushes, she froze and her ears flickered. She saw a scaly tail poking out of a bush but it disappeared back into the bush, she saw a crocodile holding a bow and arrow, but the arrow had a toxin that doesn't kill the opponent but puts them to sleep, like a tranquilizer. He shot at Oklos leg and she fell, her vision blurred but she saw several crocodiles, frogs, and snakes all standing on two legs and wearing tribal clothes and spears attached to their back, were surrounding her. Her vision blacked out and she was asleep. But she felt them picking her up and throwing her into a cage.

The Grackai has kidnapped Oklo.

————————————————-
To be continued...
————————————————-
Credits;
Aunt beast (Isa)
Frostix draws (me)
Bellaton studios (my cousin)

Until then, the adventure awaits..

           Frostix presents..
                ANQUI