C H A P T E R 2

Valik picked up the spear and sighed. "I don't want to kill you..what are your names?" It was silent for a few seconds. "WHAT ARE YOUR NAMES?" She repeated. "I am Ganeli." The fox said. "This is Oklo." He pointed to the second prisoner. "Okay.. Ganeli and Oklo. Pami told me to kill you, but.." "But?" Oklo questioned "But I'll let you go. Stay here." Valik raced out of the den and looked around camp. "Rakeno!" She called. The tiger padded over and flicked her ears. "Yes?" "I need you to cover for me when Pami comes back..please." She whispered. Rakeno squinted her eyes and smiled. "What crazy idea do you have now?" Valik stared at rakeno with a stern face "Haha.. I will, don't worry."

It was now twilight. Pami was back with the patrol, a group of his best warriors and guards. Rakeno was standing in the clearing, sharpening a knife. Valik stepped out of the den, Ganeli and Oklo following behind her. "Shoot." She drew her head back and raced backwards into the den. "What do I do..?"

Rakeno spotted Valik and the others and panicked. "Uh..uh..Pami! Teach me how to sharpen this knife please.. I believe I'm doing something wrong.." The tribe leader gazed at her for a moment and then came over to help. "You should know. You're a hunter."

Valik crawled out of the den and silently made her way to a pile of leaves. "Here. Under these leaves is a tunnel that leads to the Sokodokai tribe. They will take you in." She whispered, sweeping the floor with her paws. The two prisoners glanced at each other and nodded. "We will make it. I promise." Ganeli said to his companion. He turned to Valik and dipped his head. "Thank you." He hopped down into the tunnel and Oklo followed. "Safe travels. We will see each other soon." The Dunako Warrior murmured, covering the entry with the leaves.