Part one: Twilight

|Preface|

You would think that after sixteen almost seventeen years of life that Abigail would have learned by now how to pack a bag, but that sadly was not the case. The fiery haired teen was for lack there of a better term, a complete and utter mess at the moment. Sometimes Bella wondered how the two of them were related at all, but then again she wouldn't have any other way. Abigail was her only friend that she confined in more than her own mother. Abigail was also the only one to stick up for her in those few instances that people decided that she were to be the social pariah of the day. The more shocking part about this was that Abigail never had to do this. She was pretty enough to be considered popular with her pretty dark brown eyes and long wavy dark auburn red hair yet she chose Bella without a second thought.

Bella shook her head shutting the last of Abigail's luggage and gave Phil the ok to load it up into the back of the car.

"Thanks again for helping me pack. I know you didn't have to and I appreciate that," Abigail smiled brightly.

"No problem. We're cousins after all," Bella hugged her.

Honestly Bella was glad that she didn't have to go through this torture alone. Having Abigail there was actually comforting. Instead of having to sulk alone, Bella could have Abigail there to cheer her up. Abigail would also help take the spotlight away from her when she wanted to be invisible. Bella found that it was difficult for people to hate her. There was just something about Abigail that people fell in love with and she was ok with that. Bella was more of a wallflower anyway.

"Hurry up girls. We all have flights to catch!" Phil announced causing Bella to scoop up the little cactus plant she was taking with a bit more speed.

Before long, Bella was staring at the shrinking building that was once her home and with a deep breath Bella prepared herself for the inevitability that was her moving to Forks.