[06]

Him and I

|Twilight|

[Abby]

Everything changed after the accident. One of the biggest things being the dynamic between Jasper and I. We were no longer just friends. We were dating. Plain and simple. He was my boyfriend now. My undeniably sexy vampire boyfriend and it didn't actually bother me that he or the rest of his family were vampires. If anything it made sense now considering they had no pulse, no body heat, were incredibly good looking and virtually never ate human food. None of it mattered though because it was apart of Jasper and who he was.

When he told me his origins I felt angry. Angry that I couldn't stop what happened, angry that he was abused, angry that he was in pain, just angry with what happened to him in general. No one deserved what he was forced to endure for the longest time. I was just glad Alice found him and showed him a way of living that didn't emotionally drain him any longer.

While Jasper and I were now together, Bella and Edward were a totally different animal. If anything he was now avoiding her like the plague practically. This kind of pissed me off considering that Alice told me that Edward and Bella were also destined for each other just as Jasper and I were. I was also irritated with how juvenile he was acting about it. I wasn't the only one because Jasper and Rose were also fed up with it. He chose to ignore her existence despite being attracted to her...

So why is he acting like a brooding moron?

I think Jasper sensed my irritation and frustration because I felt his lips brush against my hand and I snapped back to reality. We were still lounging around on the couch. Jasper had his head in my lap and was stretched out on the couch while I had my fingers running through his soft honey colored locks. I couldn't help but smile at the positive reaction I was getting from him. Bella was in the kitchen making her breakfast so she didn't pay much mind to us. At least that's what I thought.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize I was effecting you," I whispered to him.

"It's fine really. I happen to love your emotions, positive or negative. I like the way they surround me like a warm blanket," Jasper smiled back at me enjoying my fingers against his scalp.

"I'm glad you my emotions bring you some sort of solace," I grinned brushing my lips gently over his.

"You know I live here too right?" Bella groaned from the kitchen.

"Oh you're just cranky because Edward is snuffing you," I retorted as Jasper sat up.

Bella didn't respond to my statement and just continued to eat in silence. I knew she was still mad at me for choosing to defend Jasper and Edward rather than fire at them with questions. I had no way of knowing how long she was going to stay mad either. Bella was just unpredictable like that.

Jasper wrapped his arms around me and kissed my temple which did help brighten my mood a little. We finally decided to leave Bella to her sulking and left for school.

"So if you don't sleep at all... what do you do all night?" I asked curiously as Jasper drove.

"I write in my journal, read, watch tv, you know normal things that humans do when they're awake," Jasper teased and I puffed my cheeks.

"Ok I get that. What I mean is how do you rest your mind? I know humans sleep so we can recuperate. Really anything that is mammal needs to recuperate at some point," I pointed out.

"While we can't really sleep, we can close our eyes and let our mind rest," Jasper chuckled.

"So like meditation?" I tilted my head.