Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"So I've been doing some thinking." James says while flipping over to lay on his side.

"Oh no, this can't be good." I joke, turning to face him.  He rolls his eyes at me playfully before continuing.

"I'm serious Vanessa." he says, making a pouting face.  

I laugh out loud, "I know, I'm kidding, please continue with whatever you were gonna say." I say while trying to hold in my laughter.

"I was just thinking, what if Braden really isn't your mate?"

I stare at him for a few moments, thinking over what he said.  Of course Braden is my mate, there's no way I could just imagine the sparks between us when we first met.

"But he is my mate." I reply back slowly.

"Are you sure?" James asks looking at me intently.

I nod my head, "Yeah I'm pretty sure." I say back confused as to where he's going with this.

"Well maybe we could test it, you know, see if he's really your mate."

I give him an even more confused look now.  Test it?

"How do you plan on testing it exactly?" I say, then wait for him to respond.

"Well, I mean, have you ever been with anyone since you found out Braden was your mate?" he asks sitting up in my bed.  I sit up as well.

"What do you mean?" I ask still confused.

"Like, have you dated anyone since Braden? Kissed or done anything?"  I blush at his words, talking about this with James is just a little too weird for me.

"Umh no, not exactly." I say awkwardly back.

"Well then let's test it out, you need to kiss me." he says back, acting like what he just said wasn't crazy.  My eyes spring out of my head.  He wants me to kiss him? What?

"Wait, how will kissing you help?" I ask super confused now, but couldn't hide the blush from my face.  Why did the thought of kissing James make me so nervous?

"Because if Braden is really your mate you wont be able to kiss me without feeling some kind of pain." he says back without hesitation.  Wow he's done a lot of research on this.

"Pain?" I ask kind of scared.  I may be a wolf, but I'm a huge wimp when it comes to pain.

"You'll feel like you're betraying your mate, you'll want to stop instantly." he replies back.  I look at him for a few minutes, he doesn't take his eyes off me.

"You really think this will help me find out if Braden is really my mate or not?" I ask with doubt in my voice.

James shrugs his shoulders, "Only one way to find out."

I shift around uncomfortably for a few seconds before coming to the decision that what's the worst thing that could happen?

"Okay." I say quietly.  James sits up straight, looking at me with an intense stare.

"You sure?" he asks back, moving just a little bit closer to me.

I nod my head, "Yeah."

He gives me a small smile before moving to sit right next to me.  Once right next to me he grabs my hands with his and traces his thumb over mine.  He starts to lean in and my heart starts to pound like crazy with anticipation.  Once he was close enough I closed my eyes, waiting to feel his lips on mine.  A few seconds later, I felt them.

He pressed his lips softly onto mine and a shock went through my body.  Woah! That was weird.  I pull away from him confused and look into his eyes.  He has a smile on his face and slowly leans forward again.  I do the same and once again our lips collide together.  I move to sit closer to him and he puts his hands on my waist, pulling me to him.

I feel his tongue ask for permission and I open my mouth quickly.  Our tongues meet and we fight for dominance.  I run my hands through his hair, tugging softly, to which I earn a small groan from him.  He moves me so I'm completely sitting on his lap now, straddling him.  His hands roaming my body slowly, while we continue to kiss.  The kiss starts to slow down, until I finally pull away from him.  We look into each others eyes for a few moments.

"Umh.." I say awkwardly and try to shift myself off of his lap.  He lets my waist go and sets me down next to him.

"Yeah.." he says breathless back and we continue to stare at each other, not saying a word.  What just happened and what does that mean?  I could kiss James and not feel any pain, like he said I would.  Does that mean Braden isn't my mate?

"What just happened?" I ask after another moment of awkwardness.  James shifts on the bed.

"I think we just kissed." he says back.  I roll my eyes at him.

"Well I know that! I meant what does this mean?"

"I don't know Vanessa, but look I gotta go okay? I'll see you later." he says quickly getting off my bed and leaving.  I stare at him confused.  Was the kiss really that bad?

I lay back down and think everything over.  

Thanks for reading! Comment/vote<3