~1~ They

~Chapter 1~ They

WARNING: GORY SCENES AND LANGUAGE

A white-haired girl laughed heartily as her raven companion pouted and puffed out his cheeks. The girl wiped her tears away as she exclaimed, "Are you serious Shisui?! Though I wouldn't expect any less from your cousin." Shisui only huffed and turned his head and closed his eyes. "I thought those dangos were for me! How am I supposed to know they were Itachi's! I mean they were just sitting there begging to be eaten!"

The girl deadpanned. "Right.."

"Really!"

"Uh huh."

The said boy gasped mockingly as he put his hand where his heart is. "I thought you liked me better than Itachi!! How could you betray me like this Reina?!"

Reina smirked deviously. "Who said I was your friend?"

"NOOOOOOOOOO HOW COULD YOU!!??"

Reina then burst into laughter. "Relax! I was just kidding....or am I?"

"What's going on here?"

The two swiveled to meet the questioning gaze of said weasel they were talking about previously.

Reina smiled at Itachi. "Hi Itachi!"

Itachi glanced at her and returned the smile. He then looked at her companion and his mood darkened dramatically. "Shisui...!" Said raven boy paled quickly on seeing the dark look on his best friend's face. "I-Itachi! Fancy seeing you! Heh heh heh..."

Itachi flashed on his Sharingan. "You're dead."

"AHHHHHHH HELP ME REINA!! HE'S GOING TO KILL ME!!"

Said yellow-eyed girl chuckled. "Sure thin-"

She suddenly looked at the sun and suddenly paled, going unnoticed by the two Uchihas. "I've got to go Shisui, Itachi. See you later. Bye!" She bounded in the trees as the two boys frowned and stopped their tussle, the mood dropping instantly.

Shisui's onyx eyes followed Reina's disappearing figure. "She seems different all of a sudden."

Itachi nodded in agreement. "I've noticed. She's less carefree these days."

Shisui only sighed in response. What are you not telling us?

                                                                                       ~-(*-*)-~

Reina sped up her pace to her house. I hope Otou-san won't punish me for being late. She arrived at her house and panted heavily, wiping sweat from her forehead.

"REINA!!!"

The girl jumped and came face-to-face with her Otou-san. "O-Otou-san." His stinky breath blew down on Reina's face. She flinched. Alcohol.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!!"

"O-Otou-san I can expl-"

Her Otou-san cut her off. "NO!! I'M DONE WITH YOU, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!

Smack!

Reina held in unshed tears as she tenderly held her now-bruised cheek.

Bang!

"YOU KILLED HER!! YOUR OKA-SAN!!"

He stopped and looked somewhere, a distant look on his face. His eyes showing raw emotion and his voice cracking. "She was my angel. My precious, precious, lovely angel." He then looked back at the small, wounded, shaking form of his daughter and his face darkened, a scowl gracing his face. He raised his hand that held an empty green bottle, reeking of alcohol.

"BUT YOU HAD TO TAKE HER AWAY FROM ME YOU WHORE! MONSTER! HOE! MURDERER!"

Smash!

Shards of green glass fell on Reina's face and body as she sobbed big, fat tears from the pain that the some of the pieces that sunk in her skin gave. He then shoved her frail form against the wall and snarled lowly in her face.

"I've sheltered you, gave you food and water, for thirteen years and this is the treatment I get?! Huh?!"

Reina hickuped as sobs racked her body and answered shakily. "I-I'm sor-sorry O-Otou-san."

He growled. "Words won't help you now."

After multiple rounds of punches, kicks, slaps, and stomps, her father then grabbed her and threw her to the other side of the room, followed by a hard pain in her head from the first-aid kit that he threw at her. He snarled. "Get patched up or you'll be in for more."

She quickly nodded. "Y-Yes O-Otousan."

"NOW!!"

Reina hastily opened the kit and took out some bandages and ointment and began applying them to her bloody self. After watching her with calculating, dangerous eyes, he stormed out and slammed the door shut.

Breathing a sigh of relief, she slid down the wall and curled up in a ball, sobbing.

When will this ever end?