A Divine Punishment

"I created you a deity to guard the Heavens, yet, as an act of defiance you chose to be with a mortal man."

"Please! Have mercy on him!"

"It is my mistake to think that another Deity will be a good decision but you have failed me and now, my punishment will inflict upon you."

"Don't hurt him, please!"

"As your punishment, you shall be forced to witness the death of the man you seem to desire. Walk on this Earth as you so pleased, your tears will not move the Heavenly Fathers not even death shall bring peace to you, Outcast."

"I love him, please forgive me, my Creator but your curse is too cruel even for a kind-hearted God."

"Well then, we shall compromise if you..."

Present day, Kyoto

The scenic temple was brimming by devotees streaming in and out of the venue. In the midst, both Harada and Chizuru lingered at the front line to offer prayers, as usual, the male kept a watchful eye on his little companion.

Bright sunny morning evokes a cheery atmosphere; children ran amok while priests chanted in a deep hum. Finally, the duo decides to vacate the crowded location when a theft transgressing in the middle of the temple caught his sharp gaze. He clutched onto Chizuru's slight hand in his big ones changing their path towards the bastard thieving from a blind beggar.

"Hey!" Harada called out in a stern tone. "Stop it!"

"Shit-" the man dropped coins on the ground but he was grabbed roughly by the scruff of his collar.

"Are you a fucking idiot?" the officer shook the rat with one hand. "Stealing from the blind in the heart of the temple!"

"Let me go!" the robber begged at the same time shaking him off.

"Harada-san, please," Chizuru rest a hand on his forearm.

After a warning glare, Harada shoved the man who rushes off as if demons chases behind him. While he squats beside Chizuru to collect the leftover coins to replace in a bowl just as he peeks at the person sitting quietly the entire time. A female. She wore an ivory yukata; a shawl covering her profile never budging from the hunch position.

"Are you alright?" Harada enquired gently.

"Thank you for asking but I'm fine," her voice startles him.

Faint, yet, softer the woman was still young in age. Upon closer inspection, Harada regarded the hand holding onto the shawl not a trace of a wrinkle in sight instead, pale as if be voided of blood. From the corner of his eyes, he found Chizuru staring at the other in a peculiar manner the demoness had a scrunched up countenance when her gaze jerked at him.

"Do you need help from the priest?" Harada spoke once again. "You will be robbed another time-"

"I am not blind, kind sir, perhaps he is in need of stability than myself," she replied.

"Oh," he blinked once unsure of what to reply. "Sorry for bothering you."

The two of them got up to head back out when Harada became aware of Chizuru's silence. She had a troubled expression a smile lit on his feature knowing the girl worried about the stranger and paused with a sigh. She bumped against his arm a startle gasped escapes from her pouty lips, glancing upward in befuddlement.

"What's the matter, Harada san?" she asked.

"Is something bothering you?" he places a hand on top of her head.