Ch 2

As night fall descends, I hurriedly eat my supper , then take a shower, the reason of my hurriedness is so that I can hopefully not run into my mother. In bed, as I'm about to slip off into my dream land, I hear a very distinct mans voice say, "Thank you."

      When my alarm clock goes off, I grunt then turn it off and lay down again, flashes of my dream playback in my head, images of Macy, dead. She's laying in I presume to be her bed, her eyes and mouth were open, retelling the horrors she just met.

On her stomach, she had the operators symbol carved into her belly. Seeing the images made me feel no emotion, I shrug it off cause its only a dream, then I get ready for school.

       At lunch, Sally sat with me again with a sack lunch and she had the biggest smile on her face.

"Why so happy?" I ask.

"No reason." She says in an unusually high tone.

      In 7th period, as Sally came in, she still had the goofiest grin plastered on her face.

"Your so weird." I joked.

"I know."

"Alright kids sit down, I have some sad news to tell you." The teacher said, everyone now was quiet. "Well to get to the point, it seems that Macy has left us last night, she was murdered." Everyone let out gasps, except me and Sally. "I told you shed get what she deserves." Sally whispers in my ear.

"Y/n and Sally, um the sheriff would like to ask you a few questions, head to the front office." All of the kids suddenly turned to us as we made our way to the door. Walking to the office, I breath a little unsteadily.

"Don't worry y/n, they have nothing on us."

"Why would they?" I ask. She just gives me a brief smile as we enter the office. 

       "Please sit down girls." The sheriff in the principles chair says. "As you know, Macy was murdered lastnight." "Yes sir. But what has that got to do with us?" I ask patiently, trying to get to the point. "Nothing, were just going through simple procedures" I nod for him to continue. "Your teacher informed us that well you yelled at Macy. Is that true."

"Yes."

"Why?" He asks persistently.

"Well because she was picking on Sally."

"To my understanding you called her a, bitch? Is that correct?"

"Yes, simply because she is one."

"I understand you two weren't friends, but could you be a bit more respectful towords her death?"

I stair at him blankly for a couple of seconds.

"What? You didn't know her, maybe if she was a better person then ya, but she hardly gave her self respect, let alone other people." I didn't realise but I was now leaning over the desk, then the bell rang signaling the end of school.

"Secondly, if your implying that we did kill her, well no sir we did not."

       There was silence, both the sheriff and Sally were starring at me. "I think we're done here, let's go Sally." I say letting her exit first. "I have more questions!" He persists. "Not without a lawyer. I could still feel Sally looking at me, I relaxed my face a bit to show her it was ok to talk to me. "Who's picking you up?" I ask trying to break the tension. "Jeff." We walk to the front of the school where no one was.

"Sally," I start as we both sit down on a bench (FYI there's no people around) "did you do it?"

"Yes." She says distantly. Not knowing how to deal with it, I let out a sigh.