Chapter 9

In the morning, I was awakened by Pikachu looking at me. 

"Hello?" I asked, "What are you doing there?"

"Pikachu Pika," Gary wanted to know where I was.

So I got up and made myself look at least decent. I mean, he probably wants an answer. I thought about it, I mean I like him and travelling would be fun. But his fangirls. I'd get annoyed way too quickly with them.

While walking over to him I thought about what I was going to say.

"Hey, Gary."

We have known each other for years, we live next to each other so fast friends. He and Ash have always had that rivalry, so it wasn't hard to see them fighting.

"Emma, just who I wanted to see."

His smile is tricky, I've only seen him smile like that at me. What's it meant to mean? 

"Pikachu told me you were looking for me."

"Yeah, what do you think? Wanna travel with me?"

Yes.

"No. I'm gonna stay with Ash a bit longer."

I decided I'll stay with brother. I wouldn't handle Gary yet, maybe later. I guess.

"Oh."

He actually looked sad, damn. He wanted me to.

"I just think I should stay with Ash a bit longer, but you know, I'll leave them at some point. If we run into each other again ask me again."

His face lit up, that made me happy. He grabbed something out of his pocket, it looked like an old, Poke ball. It was broken in half.

"What is that?" I asked.

"Oh, my half. A couple of months before we got our Pokemon I wanted to go fishing. On the other side of the river stood Ash, also fishing. We both hit something, the same thing, so we both tried to be the one who got it. But it wasn't a Pokemon, it was this Poke ball."

"Why do you only have half then?"

"Ash has the other half, it broke while we were pulling to get it. I've kept it for luck. I hope he's done the same." 

I just saw Gary get all soft about Ash, that's a first. I like that side of him. 

"Well, see ya then." I stepped closer to me and kissed my cheek. That made me feel like lightning had flown through me.

"Later Gary, until the next time."

He walked off and I went to go find Ash, Misty and Brock. I could smell it from a mile away, Brock was cooking.

So after we ate breakfast, we made sure we had everything we needed and left. The next town, Hutber Port, was only half an hour walk. We didn't even need to rest yet, so instead, we walked along the ocean edge. Sadly we couldn't walk on a beach, feet in the water, I love it when I can do that. 

After a day or so we all wanted off the island to go to our next adventure. So we were sitting on the edge looking at the water.

"Blue skies," Ash said.

"White clouds," Brock continued.

"And sea as far as you can see," Misty finished.

"Oh, I wish that boat could take us off this island," Ash said as a boat passed.

"Ash, it's only 3 hours till the next ferry," I tried to get his hopes up.

"That's too long."