Going Home

Mom and I made our way home. On the way, I asked about school, when am I going back? Do I have to go back? Can I wait until all of this ugly bruising and scarring is gone? Mom said no. She thinks I should get it all done and over with.

When we finally got to the new house, I walked in and the first thing I did was crawl into bed. The house is different, but I get this sense of familiarity. I know I've been here before but at the same time, I don't remember it.

I pulled the comforter over me, even this is different. It's like I wanted to change everything from the old house. Maybe it's the memories they carry.

After settling under the blanket, I relaxed, and I was instantly tired. I couldn't help it. I fell asleep.

"Why didn't you tell me she was home?!" I heard Ashe screaming, "I went down to the hospital and panicked, I thought someone had kidnapped her."

I rubbed my eyes, I'm still tired.

"Would you please keep your voice down." A male voice spoke, "She's resting." It's Sasuke.

"Keep my voice down?!" Ashe yelled louder, she was angry, "I want to see my best friend."

I sighed and rolled over, "Ashe, please calm down."

She ran to the bed, "You were gone! You're home!"

I nodded, "I'm home."

Sasuke sighed and shook his head, "Would you please calm down? There is no need for you to be so loud."

Ashe's brows went up, "I have no reason? My best friend is finally home! That's every reason!"

I rubbed my head, "Here's a reason to chill, I am forming a headache."

Ashe looked sorry, "I didn't know."

I shook my head, "It's not your fault but please don't make it worse."

Ashe sat beside me, "How do you feel other than the headache?"

I shrugged, "Sluggish, I guess. Sleeping in a real bed is definitely an improvement from a hospital bed."

I looked at Sasuke, I wanted to talk to him more but not in front of Ashe. I love Ashe and trust her completely, but some things are private.

Ashe sighed, "Maybe we should let you rest more."

I shrugged, "It's up to you."

She stood, "I'll leave you be. I'll be in my room if you need anything."

I nodded and watched as she left.

Sasuke stood by the wall.

I sighed and sat up, "Thank you for coming over."

He nodded, "Of course."

I pulled my knees to my chest, "So, I think I go back to school Monday."

He nodded, "Your mom mentioned that. She said you don't want to go back."

I shrugged, "It's not that I don't want to go back, I don't want to go back with all of these bruises and wounds."