A meeting and a new truth...

I smirk as the Inner Circle arrives, including a woman with rather curly black hair, a man who seems to be her husband, a woman who has black straight hair with a white part in it, and a man who looks to be the twin of the husband of the woman with curly hair (That was a mouthful). Severus sits next to Lucius and Dad calls the meeting to order.

"Welcome, my loyal followers. I called you here to give you some good news. My son has returned. Please welcome Hadrian Nightlock Riddle." He gestures to me. I incline my head and they bow as best as they're able while sitting. "It is common knowledge that the last name Riddle is very well known. While that seems like a good thing, our family will be going under the last name Marvolo. As Hadrian will be going to Hogwarts in September, it would be unwise to draw Dumbledore's suspicion until it is unavoidable. We will let them think Voldemort is dead, and we will provide alibis and political support to those under scrutiny or is a known Death Eater, so we will all be able to go underground for a while. We'll let the Light think they've won, and that we've completely disbanded. When their guard is down, in a few years, we attack, stronger than before. They will never see it coming. Any questions, comments, or concerns?" Dad asks with a slight smirk on his face. The woman with very curly black hair lifts her hand slightly and Dad nods.

"Yes, Bellatrix?" She takes a deep breath and I see her husband take her hand under the table.

"Will...will I be able to get my daughter back? I know that's probably a stupid question but...I have to try." She looks down dejectedly.

"I swear, I will do everything in my power to get Hermione back to you. I know the feeling of losing your child, and I am eternally grateful that you helped me search for my son when the Light took him. I will help you get her back, my friend. I promise." Her face lights up with a newfound hope and her husband squeezes her hand gently with a smile on his face. I smile softly as I feel Death's hands rest lightly on my shoulders. I grin up at him and he smiles back. Turning my attention back to the meeting, I see Severus lift his hand and Dad nods for him to speak.

"Go ahead, Severus." He clears his throat before speaking.

"What would you like me to say to Dumbledore when he asks about the meeting? I came here from Hogwarts and he undoubtedly felt the wards shift as I left. He'll have questions as to why I left when I get back. And he'll assume I left for a meeting with you, so an excuse won't work." Dad nods thoughtfully.

"Tell him you had a meeting with some other, closer Death Eaters who informed you that I am dead. If he doesn't believe you, tell him you checked their memories and saw them see me being killed by...an Auror. I hunt down some Auror and plant fake memories. If he still doesn't believe you, I'll plant some fake memories of said conversation that look real. While he may be powerful, he tends to get cocky when faced with good news. He should believe you if you offer to show him the memories and he sees they're 'real'." Severus nods and rises as Dad rises and they step to the side, away from the table. Dad pulls out his wand and points it at Severus's head. Muttering a spell, he concentrates and Severus's eyes go glassy. A few moments later, he snaps out of it and Dad sits, satisfied.

"Perfect, my lord." He bows quickly and sits. Dad nods.

"He might believe your story more if you give him Father's wand," I muse, my voice low but not weak.

"Why would I give Dumbledore your father's wand?!" Severus asks, bewildered.

I give him a sneer that could rival my father's and roll my eyes. "Not his actual wand, you dolt!" My eyes flash in my annoyance. His eyes widen. "Merely an excellent copy that could pass off as his real wand. It will strengthen your story and his trust in you. Tell him you were given it since he believed you were one of his most loyal followers and only trusted you with it. Then tell him you brought it straight to him since you didn't want it falling into the wrong hands." He dips his head in apology for not acknowledging that fact that I'm smarter than I look. Nice one, my prince. Death murmurs in my head. I grin to myself and mentally thank him. Any time for my mate. Wait...I shouldn't have said that...He face-palms and I mentally chuckle. I've only known you a day, and yet I am honoured to be your mate, Acer. I reply. I look up at him and see a face full of wonder and caring. Turning to my father, I tune back into the meeting.

"As I was saying," he smirks at me, "that's an excellent idea, Hadrian." He pulls a quill out of his robes and transfigures it into an exact copy of his wand. After placing some spells on it to make it able to perform a few simple spells, he hands it to Severus. "I do hope this will be sufficient. You should probably be on your way. Don't want Dumbles on your case." Severus nods and, after bowing to Dad, Mum, and myself, Apparates back to Hogwarts.

A/N: I'm BACK! I realized I haven't updated in a while and will try to be a lot more diligent in updating. Don't worry, readers, this story will be a lot longer! Until next time! Fangirl out!