Chapter 17

•Noelani•

I woke up with a big ass headache.
I looked around the room and sigh heavily. Im not at my house.
Where am I?! I became so scared that I jump out of bed and ran to the door. "Hello!!"I heated on the door. "Please let me out!!!"I cried. I slid down the door crying my eyes out. I remember when I was a little girl. Being taking by them people from my mom. And seeing my mothers face. That made me even more sad. But why she didn't come and get me?

Flashback...........................
..............................................

The lady grabbed noelani arm walking her to this room. The lady who had on a suit with these heels that click and clack on the floor open the door to this room that had a bed and a dresser. No window.

"This is where you will sleep"the lady smiled at noelani. "You will get cleaned in a few minutes and dinner will be ready once you get comfortable in your room after your bath"

Noelani looked at the folder that was in the lady arms. "Where is my momma?"noelani ask.

"Sweetheart. Your mother is poor and homeless. Someone called that you was in the abandoned house by yourself"the lady said.

"But I was living with my momma"noelani cried. "I want my mother!!"

"Miss Harris, please leave the home. I will take good care of the child"this old lady with jet black hair looked at noelani. The social worker nodded her head.

"I should go now. You will be safe and fed here for now on"the lady smiled. She walked out the room leaving noelani with the old lady.

"Get cleaned so you can eat"the old lady said and close the door.

All noelani could do was cry for her mother. She noticed how hard this place look to escape. Noelani needs to keep thinking and planning on how to get out.

.................Flashback over...................................

I wiped my eyes looking at the window. Maybe I can escape out the window. I got up from the floor and went to the window. I tried to open it but couldn't since it didn't open.

"Why you trying to escape? You gone miss the party"I heard his voice. "Get your ass away from the window. Now!!"he yelled. I jump backing away from the window.

"Please just let me go"I cried.

"I don't think so. After finding my money in the damn closet"—"You lying to me saying you don't know where it is, but you had it this entire time"

"I needed that money. You wasn't home put it to use so I was"I mumble.

"Who you working with?"dave ask.

"I'm working for myself"I mumble.

"You good at lying and sneaking shit out. I liked that"Dave smiled.
"I ain't gone kill you, yet"

"Wha..."

"BUT, I want you to work for me"Dave said. "You work for me, I'll give you a house, a car, and food"

All I can do was nod my head. Either take this road or die. I did steal his money and lie. He have a reason to kill me. But I want to live. I want to find my mom.

"I'm in"