Chapter 11: 21st Century

21st Century

2015

It was already pitch black when Harper opened her eyes. The water of the shower was no longer running and the mess in the bathroom was no longer there. But the pounding in her head made sure to be present when she opened her eyes. Harper whimpered and cried as she held her head in place trying to lessen any kind of contact with her head. It was almost as if it were a hangover. She touched her leg trying to calm down her pain but she only touched nakedness, her eyes immediately widened and she threw the covers she was under to the side. She had been only sleeping with a t-shirt, no shorts just a shirt.

Harper looked to the side trying to recall when she got out of the shower and went to bed. Everything was hazy and out of her head. She couldn't recall anything and that was what scared her. Even though she felt a presence looming over the room, the ruckus in the kitchen drawled her attention towards the sounds. She jumped from her bed and headed to the kitchen with the emitted sounds, not once crossing her mind that it was Madeline and Mabel. Two heads immediately turned towards Harper as she busted her door open, it was safe to say that both Madeline and Mabel were curious as to why Harper looked like she had seen a ghost.

"Woah there, you okay?" Madeline asked as she took Harper's condition. Harper's long slender legs were showing and the only things she had on was a long gray shirt and some underwear. Her shiny blonde hair flowed down and reached her chest. Madeline kept wondering how on earth could a girl her age sleep and wake up looking even better than before but as soon as the thought struck her, it flew off with her other thoughts. 

Harper kept blinking trying to make sense of it all. Her head was giving her a major headache and it was confusing her.

"I uh...you guys are back," she stuttered, she still couldn't believe she had slept for so long.

"Yeah, we were so going to wake you up but you were dead asleep dude, you must have been hella tired," Mabel stated as she looked at Harper's shirt. Her eyebrows drew in and she nodded towards her shirt in question, "whose shirt is that?"

"Parker's" Harper quirked without thinking, she knew that it wasn't Parker's because he had never given her any type of clothing but they didn't know that. In fact, even she didn't know whose it was.

"Are you still not over him?" Madeline asked sweetly as she chewed on some sweet spicy chicken from the Chinese box.

Harper caught her breath and started coughing to excuse herself to the bathroom. She was glad she had escaped the question, she knew quite frankly that she was over him, but they didn't know that yet.

 Once the door was closed she looked herself in the mirror, she gasped. Her hair was longer and her facial structure was more symmetrical, her lips were thicker and she looked like a whole new person. This wasn't her. She was grateful that she looked like she had come out of a magazine out of no where but she remembered how she looked a few hours earlier.

She looked at the shirt that she was wearing and she knew it wasn't hers. She knew it wasn't Madeline's, she knew it wasn't Mable's so who the hells was it?

As she admired her hair and her sculpted facial features she didn't manage to take a view at the two gold engraved initials that were on the bottom side of the expensive shirt.

C.P