Chapter 13: "Unique"

"Shawn..." I started as I stepped forward but was immediately blocked off by Dean.
"Shawn Mendes? You're Shawn Mendes?" Dean asks looking amused.
"Ellie, let's go." Shawn firmly says as he stares at Dean, his natural skin tone returning.
"Whoa, now. Ellie was just hanging out. She spent the night, took a shower, ate something. She's been taken care of, she's safe." Dean explains. Shawn just furrowed his brows in confusion before staring at me now.

"I-I was scared last night and I passed out. Dean found me and let me rest in his home," I explained.
"Oh right, probably should have clarified." Dean chuckled, earning a glare from Shawn.
"Ellie..." Shawn said in an almost warning tone, still locking eyes with Dean.
"Hey, if she wants to be here she can be. Because out here? I'm the boss." Dean said firmly. To his words, Shawn just transforms and gets in a fighting stance.
"Ooh, you wanna play." Dean chuckled.
"Shut up and fight me, you pathetic worm," Shawn growled.
"Shawn!" I exclaimed firmly.
"My pleasure." Dean obliged but stayed in his human form, making me think back to his other form.

"Dean!" I raised my voice in a pleading tone as I reached up and grabbed his bicep.
"Get back, Ellie!" Dean barked as he placed a hand on my chest and pushed me back, I stumbled but immediately regained myself.
"Don't you touch her!" Shawn yelled as he quickly placed a foot forward.
"Sh-Shawn don't do it! You don't know Dean!" I warned him.
"Yeah, Shawnie boy, don't test me. If I felt like it, I'd take that neat little title of Alpha." Dean teased Shawn.

"Dean, please!" I begged and grabbed his arm once more. Dean just looked back at me with an evil smirk on his face.
"I think it's time to get rid of your problems, Ellie." He chuckled maniacally before looking back to Shawn. I quickly let go of Deans arm only to watch him take a few steps back, walking behind me but keeping his eyes on Shawn. I tensed up before whipping my head towards Shawn. Shawn furrowed his brows but stood his ground.

"Shawn!" I screamed before quickly transforming myself and sprinting up to him. I put my hands out and placed them on his chest pushing him back, making him stumble but catching his attention.
"Ellie! What are you doing?! Don't get in the middle of our fight! You're going to get hurt!" Shawn growled at me as he grabbed me by my forearm.
"Run!" I said before pushing him again.
"What?" Shawn looked at me confused but didn't budge.

"Too late!" Dean yelled. His voice was significantly deeper and raspier. I gasped and turned around to watch as he dropped to all floors. He let out a monstrous roar as his bones started snapping into shape. He grew bigger and bigger, his clothes tearing off and his fur growing in until he stood roughly 6'0 in his pure wolf form.

"Get the fuck out of here, Shawn! Run!" I yelled, looking back up to see Shawn was mortified.
"Shawn!" I snapping him out of it. He shook his head and looked at me in disbelief.
"Run!" I yelled again. Shawn quickly reached out and grabbed my wrist and pulled me with him as he turned his back starting to run. It took me a second to realize what was happening but I caught on and ran with Shawn, hearing heavy footsteps behind us catching up.

"Jesus Christ!" Shawn yelled as we sprinted further into the forest.
"I know!" I yelled in response, glancing back to see a giant 6'0 gray wolf chasing after us.
"Holy fuck! What just happened?!" Shawn yells as he glances back after me.
"Dean's a little unique!" I panted as we continued on.
"A little!? Is this what happens when you don't fucking have a pack?!" Shawn yelled.
"This is what happens when you have a lot of free time to explore your abilities!" I explained.
"Can we do that?!" Shawn stared at me wide-eyed before looking back ahead of him.
"Kinda, yeah..." I answered.
"How?!" Shawn asked.
"Nows not the time Shawn!" I exclaimed.
"Agh, forget this! I'm an Alpha damn it!" He growled before releasing my wrist and coming to an abrupt halt. I gasped and stopped just a little ahead of Shawn. He braced himself as Dean ran towards him. Shawn opened his arms wide and ducked under Dean, snapping his fangs at him. Shawn went under Deans head and wrapped his arms around his neck squeezing tight and lifting him up off the ground before chucking him at a thick tree.