|48|

The commotion she hears doesn't exactly register as important in the moment, she's watching a movie at nearly full volume. It's probably just background noises.

But her curiosity gets the better of her and she pauses her movie, just in time to hear a door slam and a truck start. She looks out the window and sees FP walk out his front door, holding his arm in a towel as he sits on the steps.

She rushes out of her trailer and sees him wincing as he holds onto his arm. "What happened?"

"Nothing."

"It's not nothing." She walks over to him and moves his hand away from his arm. "FP-"

"Alice just go back inside."

She ignores him. "Did your dad do this?"

He scoffs. "What do you think?"

"You need to go to the hospital."

"No I don't, I'm fine."

"You're not fine, your arm is broken."

"Well I cant exactly drive myself to the hospital with a busted arm."

"I'll drive you."

He laughs. "Yeah, no."

"Look, I don't care how pissed you are at me, I'm driving you to the hospital or I'm calling an ambulance and sending them here." She crosses her arms over her chest and stares down at him. "Your choice, Jones."

"Fine. You can bring me to the hospital." He stands up and winces as he moves his arm. "But I'm not happy about it."

"Yeah, yeah. Come on, I'll go get my keys."

_____

After he was taken by doctors he told her to go home, of course she didn't listen. She's been waiting for a couple of hours, she knows he's alright but she's still nervous for some reason.

She waits in the waiting room until someone comes and tells her that she can go see him.

She takes a deep breath and walks in, seeing him sitting in a hospital bed with a cast on his arm.

"Hey."

"You're still here?"

"Wanted to make sure you were alright."

"I broke my arm, Al, I didn't split my head open."

"Don't be an ass. I also stuck around in case you needed a ride."

"I was going to call Fred, thought you went home."

"Oh. Okay then." She walks over to his bed and sits down on the edge.

"You don't have to stick around, you can go home."

"I think we should talk though."

"There's nothing to talk about, Alice." He turns away from her and she nods.

"Yes there is." She sighs. "I never meant to hurt you-"

He chuckles and turns to her. "You're kidding right?" Her mouth falls open. "You didn't mean to hurt me? You slept with Hal Cooper, one of our longtime friends. You cheated on me for God knows how long with him. Fuck, Alice, we were together for three years, I thought I was going to marry you."

Her eyes grow wide. "What... you did?"

"Yeah. I mean, I loved you. You're the love of my life."

"You're mine too." She solemnly admits.

"Then why'd you do this to me, Al?"

"I don't know. It was new and exciting I got swept up."

"But by Cooper? Alice, you always told you thought he was annoying. I never thought I had to be nervous about you two."

"I never expected this to happen, I always thought it would be you and I."

His eyebrow quirks. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." She scoots closer to him and reaches for his good hand. "You've been there for me through everything, you know me better than anyone, I never thought things would end up like this."

"That's nice, Al, but you're the one who ended it." He sighs but doesn't move his hand away from hers.

"I know, and I hate myself for hurting you. I'll never forgive myself."

He gives her hand a light squeeze and gives her a small smile. "I love you." He sighs. "I know I shouldn't but I do, I love you."

"I love you too." She admits, even though she knows how wrong it is.

"Come here." He tugs on her hand to pull her to him and kisses her softly. She melts into it.

He settles himself more comfortably and she moves herself onto his lap, deepening their kiss.

It's oh so wrong and she knows it but she can't stop it when it feels so right.

_____

A/N
Well, if you thought Alice being torn between the two boys was over then you were sadly mistaken, girl doesn't know what she wants.