Chapter 8

"Everyone took their seats. Class has started." All fell silent in the room as Aizawa spoke. "As you are all aware, the exams are coming up. Those who fail will not be able to go to summer camp." The class was in a stir in panic. "EVERYONE! LETS DO OUR BEST!!" Kirishima shouted words of encouragement. Sapphire shook her head as Mineta shouted for the girls to do their best and talking about hot springs. She looked at her hands in thought before touching her scales. 'Exams..' She wondered if she will do well and if everyone will pass. "Sapphire.." She turns to Todoroki next to her, eyes widen a bit as she sees a small smile on his face. "It'll be fine. Lets do our best.." Her face heats up suddenly as she gave a big smile. She.. never would expect him to be so supporting, to her especially. "Y-Yes! You're right, we got this!" She felt better and more confident after Todoroki's reassurance. They both jump at Aizawas stern voice. "QUIET. Now take out your textbooks.

~~

"AAAAHH, I'm in trouble!! I barely understood todays lesson!!" Ashido groans and lays on her desk. The bell rang long ago and the atmosphere resumes to panic. Uraraka pats her back to comfort her. "Don't panic! Everything will be alright!" Kaminari groaned and ruffled his hair. "That's easier said than done Uraraka!"

"What are you idiots moping around for?"

A certain fiery blonde says while slinging his bag over his shoulders. "Who are you calling 'a idiot'?!" "SHUT UP!!" Kaminari and Ashido flinch at Bakugo's shout. "You need to learn how to control your quirks! GOT IT!?" Sapphire quickly stood up with a glare. "You need to control your temper!" He stomped to her to her surprise, his face unreadable. She noticed Bakugo was way too close to her, chest to chest, and Sapphire suddenly felt.. nervous. "You better be on top of your game, scaly.. I don't tolerate failure." After declaring he will be coming up on top, he walks out. "JEEZ! Why does he have to be like that?!" Kaminari groaned as Kirishima laughed heartily. "Yeah! But you got to admit, that was pretty manly!!" Sapphire looks at the spot where he stood in thought. It was if as though.. Bakugo was.. rooting for her? "No way.." She says under her breath, there was no way. But whatever it was, it seemed to have made everyone fired up, including her. "Lets do our best!"

~~~

Sapphire hummed as she sat in the library, taking more notes the more she read. She only has a week and a half until the exams begin. She unconsciously touches the white scales underneath her right eye, the action always calms her down. "S-Sapphire!" Her brown eyes meets green as she smiles softly. "Hey there, Midoriya! What's up?" She sees him fidget, holding a couple of books in his hands. "Um.. May I sit here?" Sapphire nods and pulls a chair next to her. "Sure! Have a seat! Lets compare notes." He sat down next to her and sets down his notebook. "I wonder how the tests are gonna be like?" Midoriya mused in thought as Sapphire hands him her notebook. "Yeah! They didn't really give much detail." She put her other hand on her cheek. "But.. That's how it is being a hero. To expect the unexpected!" Sapphire noticed that Midoriya was quiet. She looked at him, tilting her head in confusion as he was staring at her. "Midoriya?" He gasps and looked down, face turning red. "I-I'm sorry! It's just," He pokes his fingers together. "You're nervous.. about the exam, right?" Her eyes widen at his statement as he points underneath his. "When we were young, you would touch your scales when you were nervous or scared!" She rubs the back of her head and pulls her hand away from her face. "Force of habit.. It's weird, huh?" Sapphire gasps at her hand being grabbed. "No! No, it's not weird at all! It's cu- I mean, it's who you are!!" Her face heats up again as Midoriya smiles brightly. "You can do this! We'll succeed!" 'Midoriya..' Sapphire suddenly feels her heart beating faster the longer he holds her hand. 'What is this?' Midoriya gasps and releases her and bows. "S-sorry!!" She coughs and bows as well. "N-no worries! Lets get to studying!" Sapphire says as she opens another book, but deep down she can't seem to calm her heart. She can't help but notice how close he was as he begins to talk about the next topic of his notes. Their shoulders were just touching, that shouldn't be a big deal to her!

'So why can't I calm down!?'

~~

After a week of studying and cramming, the day of the exams were here. After the written test were done, Aizawa will be giving the details of the final part today. 'I placed 5th..' Sapphire thought in disappointment. But it was still a passing grade and she did her best. Everyone was gathered outside in their hero costumes. "Sapphire! You did not get yours yet?! I shall report to the teacher to see where it is at immediately!" Iida shouts and placed his hand on her shoulder. She smiles and waves her hand. "Don't worry, Iida! The gym uniform is comfy anyway!" Uraraka and Midoriya walk to them. "You know! Your dragon form looks pretty cool so that should count!" Uraraka smiled brightly as Midoriya nods in agreement. "Now.. I will now announce the final part of the practical exams." Everyone turned to the teachers that seemed to line up in front of them. 'I have a bad feeling.. Why are all of the teachers here?' Kaminari and Ashido were excited, thinking that they will be fighting robots. "TOO BAD! Things are going to be a lot different this time!" Sapphire jumped at a voice coming from Aizawa's bandages, a tiny figure popping out. "Principal Nezu?" Jirou raises her brow. "What do you mean, 'different?'" He laughs and raise his paws. "This time; You'll be facing U.A's teachers for the exam!"

"WHAATT?!?"

Everyone was in shock as he announced who will be paired with. Sapphires stomach dropped as soon as she heard that All Might will be facing Midoriya and Bakugo. 'Oh no.. This won't be good!' She worriedly thought as Bakugo glared at the anxious Midoriya. What will happen to her childhood friends? Against their idol at best! Will they triumph or will Bakugo start a fight with him? "OH! Sapphire.." She jumped and stood firm at Principal Nezu's call. "Yes, sir?" He smiles and twitches his nose. "The class is at a odd number.. So for you, your opponent will be-" He then points up in the air. A large gust of wind picks up, making her lose her breath and shield her face. "WHAT THE HECK!?" Mineta shouts as he holds on to Sero's tape. "W-Whats going on?!" Yaoyorozu yells in confusion. A roar shakes everyone up and a large boom moves the ground. The powerful gust quickly seized, Sapphires gut dropped as she first sees black claws. Her jaw dropped as she looks up at a giant beast. Silver wings and tail with blonde hair, it lowers its head to face her, yellow eyes glowing as Sapphires pupils turned to slits.

"-The Dragoon Hero; Ryukyu!!"

Thanks For Reading!