162 Candles

I wake up to an empty bed. I get up and throw on underwear and one of Hunter's shirts. Which is way to big for me. I get up and walk around his room. I go over to his bookshelf and see a whole bunch of amazing books. There's Dickens Shakespeare, Jane Austen, Hemingway.
     "Hey, baby Salva-" I hear behind me as the door opens. "Oh hey." I see a blonde girl standing there. "Who are you?"
    "Oh, um hi. I'm Phoebe, Hunter's girlfriend. Who are you?" I ask her.
    "Lexi, Stefan's oldest bestie." She tells me and I nod.
    "Hey Pho- Lexi! Hey, I didn't know you were coming into town." He says and hugs her.
    "Yeah, couldn't miss stef's b-day."
    "It's Stefan's birthday?" I ask her.
    "Yep, finally-"
    "18, now he's a legal adult." Hunter cuts her off. She looks from me back to Hunter until a look of understanding comes over her face.
    "Okay, well I should leave you two, to whatever it is you two were doing." She tells us and starts to walk away.
    "Hey, Lexi!" Hunter calls and she stops. "It's nice to see you again."
    "You to Hunter, nice meeting you Phoebe."
    "Yeah, um you too." I say and she leaves and closes the door.
    "Good morning." Hunter says and walks over to me and kisses me. "I'm sorry. I didn't know she was here. I would have warned you."
    "It's okay. I just wish I was wearing some actual clothes." I tell him with a laugh and I jump onto his bed.
    "That's alright. I like you wearing my shirt." He tells me and I smile.
    "Well I like wearing your shirt." I tell him and he starts to kiss me and I lay back on his bed with him on top of me.
     "Let's get you out of it." He tells me and starts unbuttoning it.
    "Okay." I say with a giggle.

time skip because I don't do smut

  "I should really take a shower." I tell him.
  "Good, I'll join you."
  "Nope, if you join me I will not get anything done." I tell him and he pouts. I also need to get to the grill. I'm working two shifts today. I'm also closing so I need to  get home and change."
    "Here, I'll run to your house and get you clothes and you shower." He tells me.
    "Okay, thanks. Anything is fine. Caroline texted me saying she's throwing a party there so I can wear anything." I tell him and he nods and kisses me.
    "Towels are under the sink." He tells me and walks out of the room, closing the door behind him. I walk into the bathroom and turn the water on, I get it warm and strip out of my dirty clothes. I get into the shower and I'm in there for a good 15 minutes before there's a knock on the door.
    "Hey, Your clothes are on the bed." I hear Hunter through the door. "I'm going downstairs so you can come out and change."
    "Okay, thanks. I'll be down in a few minutes." I say and turn off the water, I get out and go under the sink to find a towel. I go and get changed and then make my way downstairs. I go into the living room and see Stefan, Lexi, Hunter and Damon there."
    "Hey there littlest Gilbert." Damon says to me and I give him a slight wave.
    "Um, hey. I have to get to work so I'll see you at the party tonight?" I ask Hunter and he nods at me."Lexi are you gonna go? I'd like to hang out a little." I ask her and she gives me a smile and a nod.
   "Yep, me and Stef are gonna celebrate his b-day but I can save some time to share a drink with you." She tells me.
    "Great, as long as it's tequila." I tell her with and laugh and she nods in confirmation. "Okay, bye. And,uh Happy Birthday Stefan."
     "Thanks Phoebe, I'll see you at the party." He tells me and I walk out of the house.

                                ▫️▫️▫️

    "Hello, sister from another mister." I say walking up to Elena putting my arm over her shoulder. "I love that I get to say that." I tell her with a laugh.
    "I know. You tell me it all the time." She says and briefly looks over at me, before looking back at what she was before.
    "Oh, that's just Lexi. Old friend of Stefan's I guess. Totally harmless. She's pretty cool too." I tell her following her line of vision of Stefan, Hunter and Lexi playing pool.
    "Yeah, I know. Met her today. How do you know who she is?" She asks and I realized I had said too much.
    "Oh, um, Hunter introduced us. When I was over there." I tell her.
"You we're over there?"
"Yeah, well Hunter and I sort of got back together." I tell her.
"And you didn't tell me?" She asks a little surprised.
"Well, it just happened last night when I went over there."
"Wait, but you said that you went over there today." She says looking confused. "Ohh." She says putting the pieces together as I look down at the ground.
"Yeah, well, it happened, and I'm glad it did. At least with Hunter. He's special you know?" I ask her.
"Good, I'm happy that you're happy. Just be careful. And always wear that necklace." She tells me.
"Okay, yeah. No problem I mean, Hunter did give it to me." I tell her with a laugh.
"Ah, the famous Elena. Hello again Phoebe."
"Hey, Lexi."
"Nice to see you in more than just a t-shirt." She tells me and I look over at I blush.
"Are those for us?" I ask looking at the shot glasses, changing the subject.
"Yep."
"I'll take mine and then I sadly have to get back to work." I tell her and down the shot.
"Aww, no. We were supposed to hang out." She tells me.
"I know. But my boss will kill me if he sees me taking a break. But I can meet up with you tonight and we can hang out after I close up."
"I am counting on it. I have a whole bunch if great stories to tell you about Hunter."
"Okay, I am counting on that." I tell her. "I can meet you tonight at Hunter's place." I offer.
"Sounds good. See you then." She tells me and I walk away to clear some more tables.

About 30 minutes later the police show up and arrest the bar tender for underage drinking. So, everyone clears out. I start to clean up all the tables and check the register and stuff. I do stock and finally an hour later I can close.
I get in my car and make my way to Hunter's house to hang out with Lexi. I get out of my car and make my way to the door. I ring the bell, and a few minutes later Hunter opens the door. He looks like a mess.
"Hey, I'm here to hang out with Lexi. It's not too late is it? I mean she said to meet her here." I tell him.
"Yeah, it's fine. But um, Lexi had to leave. Something came up and she had to leave town pretty quickly." He tells me.
"Oh, okay. Are you okay? You look like you've been crying or something." I ask him.
"Oh, yeah. No, not crying. Just a few too many drinks, that's all." He tells me.
"Okay, well I guess I should be going." I tell him pointing behind me to my car.
"Yeah, I guess. Or you could um, come inside. Maybe stay the night." He offers.
"Oh, no. I um, we have school tomorrow I can't..."
"No funny business, promise. Just sleep. And we can stop by your house before school tomorrow for you to change." He tells me.
"Okay. Yeah, I'll stay." I tell him and he opens the door to let me in.