Chapter 2

The day had come; I was leaving home and going to live with my aunt in California. My bags were by the front door and my best friend, Emily, still had her arms wrapped around me.

"Don't go Georgie, you don't have to go," she moaned. "I won't be able to organize the party without your help."

"Em, I'll just be a phone call or an email away and I'll help you organize the party any way I can," I smiled and hugged her. "I'm gonna miss you," I whispered.

"I'm gonna miss you too, Georgie."

I heard my step-dad call and I sighed. "I've got to go Em, I'll Skype you when I get to my aunt's and get settled." Emily nodded and I hugged her once more before going downstairs. Luke had offered to drive me to the airport so he was waiting for me but he let me say goodbye to my parents before we left. I hugged them both but didn't say anything; I still wasn't talking to them.

"We'll miss you sweetheart, don't forget that we love you and we care about you," my mother said but her sorry excuse for a husband just hugged me, not saying a word.

I saw Luke tap his watch and I nodded and pulled away from my parents before grabbing my bags and my guitar before following Luke out to his car. He took my bags and set them on the back seats as I climbed in and buckled my seatbelt. I waved to Emily as she stood by my front door and saw my mother crying into my step father's shoulder. Luke started the engine and pulled away, leaving my house behind us and driving towards the new me.

The airport wasn't far away but still had to check my bags in, go through all the checks before I could board the plane. Luke stayed with me for as long as he could but once I was past the last ticket checkpoint I would be on my own. I gave Luke one last hug and thanked him for everything he'd done for me before he pushed me towards the tunnel that led to the plane.

"Go on Georgie, or you'll miss your flight," he said and kissed my hair softly as I turned to go, I knew he had tears in his eyes that he didn't want me to see but I caught a glimpse and my heart broke a little, he had always been so strong for me. Now it was my turn.

"I love you Luke," I whispered as I walked backwards and he nodded as he watched me go.

I walked alone down the tunnel and went to find my seat, thankfully at the back by the window so I wouldn't have an annoying child blowing milk out of his nose behind me, that's happened before and it's not the best thing to have to go through.

The plane filled up slowly and I smiled when the stewardess closed the door and there was still no one sitting in the two seats next to me. As the stewardesses went through the safety talks, your exits are here, here and here and all that, I set my guitar next to me and got comfy for my ten hour flight.

I must've fallen asleep somewhere over the Atlantic because I jerked awake when I heard the pilot saying we were about to begin our decent. I knew it was going to be around midday but the time difference was something I was going to have to get used to. We landed smoothly and I was one of the last to get off and walk through passport control and into the baggage claim area. I found my hot pink suitcase easily and grabbed it before waiting for my aunt Rosie.

I gasped when I felt someone hug me from behind but smiled and hugged my aunt back. "I've missed you, chicken," Rosie smiled and I laughed at her nickname for me.

"I've missed you too," I smiled, and I had. I hadn't seen her for five years and she hadn't changed a bit, she still had her light chestnut hair but she'd had it cut into a pixie style and she had the same sky blue eyes as me and my dad that were set in her beautiful heart shaped face.

"Let's get you back then and you can unpack, I'm guessing you slept on the plane by the state of your hair," she smiled and I nodded as she grabbed the handle of my case and I grabbed my guitar and my carry on.