Chapter 7: Breaking the ice

{Elles POV}

I didn't know if it was just me or what, but I felt like the atmosphere drastically changed. I mean ever since Noah kissed me again, things have been strange. And they havent been strange before which makes me feel lost. I dont want things to be weird between us.
But there was something else too. I know Lee hasn't been acting like himself lately, it started a couple days ago, but everything seemed fine. Over the past two days, my anxiety started to build. What if he found out? I'm not sure how he could possibly know though. And Noah and I havent talked much since the kiss. I have a weird feeling creeping up on me. I feel like things are about to change.
Maybe I should just ask Lee what's been bothering him. Hes been quiet, almost distant and I dont know if I did something wrong.
Well...technically I did do something wrong. And I feel so guilty keeping it from him.
Maybe I should talk to Noah first and clear things with him. UGH, I don't know!
I sighed and slammed my locker shut, only to see Lee standing behind it.
My heart leaped. I hardly seen him all day.

"Oh, Lee! There you are. Wanna walk? I was gonna go look for you" I smiled

"Yea, sounds good. I wanna talk to you about something anyway" he half smiled. But even that seemed strained. I was getting worried now and the suspense was killing me.

I smiled again and we began to walk. School ended about an hour ago, and I had soccer practice. He usually waits for me and I'm glad he did.

"So, what's up?" I said trying to sound calm and innocent, "I feel like we haven't talked much at-"

"Elle, I know about you and Noah" He said abruptly as he haulted to face me

My heart stopped in unison with my tracks. My face flushed and I wasnt sure how to respond.

His face seemed emotionless, though he looked disappointed and a little heartbroken. Then my heart broke with him and I could feel tears start to sting my eyes.

"Lee, I-"

"Its...ok. It's ok Elle" he interrupted and took a moment to himself to sigh, "I...I hate to say it but Noah was right"

I looked confused, what did he mean?

"Lee?"

"Look, I've had a couple days to think and... I wont say I like it because I dont, but I think I can eventually be ok with it.
And I know you've been pushing him away because you didnt wanna hurt me. So it got me thinking. If you can be that selfless then so can I. I want you to be happy Elle, and I dont want you to fight whatever weird feelings you have for my brother and suffer for it. So I wont be selfish either.
...but anyway, you don't have to say anything. I just thought I'd put that out there"

I stood there in awe. Now I really didnt know what to say.
All I did was smile and then I impulsively hugged him.

"Thank you Lee. You really are my best friend and I love you so so much. And I'm sorry"

He hugged me back and said, "It's ok. I forgive you. And I love you too"

We let go of eachother after a minute and I went to wipe a stray tear away. I smiled again and we continued to walk to the car.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

{Noah's POV}

Its only been a couple days, and I will say things have been a bit strange. It's been...quiet. I havent really talked to Elle or Lee since I talked with him. In fact, I've hardly even seen Lee the past couple days. He's probably hurt and or angry. Which is fine, he needs to feel it so he's forced to figure out his problem.
The anticipation was killing me though. I had no idea what was gonna happen from here.

*knock knock*

I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Come in" I yelled

I heard the door open and was surprised when I turned around to see Elle standing there shyly. I felt my heart skip a beat.

"Elle...hey"

"Hey" she smiled and shut the door.

"Uh, what's up?"

"...Nothing much. I just...wanted to talk to you" she walked over to me, where I was sitting at my desk. She looked nervous.

"What's wrong Shelly?" I asked, genuinely concerned.

She looked down at her shoes, "Well...to but it simply, I talked to Lee this morning"

My demeanor immediately changed and I cleared my throat.

"About what" I tried to play it casual.

She smiled, "I think you know what, Noah"

My heart started to race when she took another step closer. I didnt take me eyes off hers for a second.

"Elle?"

"Noah...I want you"

I saw her blush, and I could have too.

"Look, I'm sorry I've pushed you away so much but you know why I did it. And I just came up here to apologize but there was a flip switched and...I dont have to hide anymore. We dont have to hide"

I sat up straighter and looked deeper into her eyes. My heart raced faster. Was she saying what I think she was saying?

She continued, "I guess what I'm trying to say is that...well to formally answer your question..."

Just then, in no time, she leaned down and put one of her legs up to my waist to get a better angle to kiss me. It caught me so off guard that I unintentionally pulled back. I looked at her in shock and a bit of confusion. I could tell she looked a bit disappointed and shy. She probably thought I didnt wanna kiss her. So I quickly fixed that as I grabbed her face with one hand and with my other I pulled her other leg to my waist so she was more comfortable.

I smiled at her reassuringly and stroked her chin with my thumb.

"Elle I promise you that I want you just as badly"

So I wasted no time in crashing my lips back to hers. I held her as close as I possibly could. From the last time we kissed versus now, there was a definite change in affection and emotion. By just that kiss I could tell her body wanted more, I could tell that she was finally breaking free and letting her real feelings fly with just these simple actions. I gave her the same energy back while I was slowly let my hands go over every inch of her body that I could reach. I let her feel in our kiss exactly how I felt with my lips curving and softly pushing against hers. Our breaths told eachother that we needed air, but we couldn't get enough of eachothers touch.

For a sudden moment a thought hit me which made me flash back to reality. I pulled back, "Wait, Lee's here"

She smiled, "No hes not, he dropped me off here and went to go see his girlfriend"

I looked at her glazed over eyes and now plump lips and felt her warm skin.

I smirked, "Is that so?"

_______________________________________

Thanks for reading !!! Hope you enjoyed and there will be a lemon next and FINALE chapter so just a fair warning! Sorry to leave you on the edge but I hope it'll he worth it. Till next chapter ; )