IU (Solo Artist)

➵Genre: fluffy melancholic angst

➵ Requested: yES y'all never shut up abt iu

➵ Warnings: suicide, death and feelings of loneliness and this is not proofread ooPs this oneshot sucked the soul out of me

➵ Title: Late Night Walk

(a/n: this is heavily *cough basically the whole plot cough* inspired by iu's show on netflix!!)

********   She took a few steps forward, her doe-like eyes peering back at you when she turned away

********
   She took a few steps forward, her doe-like eyes peering back at you when she turned away.
" ㅡmy brother was having a really tough time. He just couldn't live with himself anymore."

   You walk up next to her, strong vanilla perfume tingling your senses. Still, you say nothing and let her continue. "He talked about how much he wanted to die," she took a deep breath. Her gaze how in front of her while you slowly walked together. "I don't think he really wanted to though."

   "That's why he ended up in the hospital. He realized he didn't want his life to end." Jieun stops and chuckles lightly.

   "But he died soon after. I was with him, when he passed away." she sighs before lifting her small hand to her pretty face. "And when he died, he opened his mouth."

   The streetlight flickers when Jieun opens her mouth in an exaggerating manner, the girl standing up on her tippy toes. "It's like, he was desperately trying to breathe his last breath." Her pretty mouth sighs again when you don't say anything, gaze giving you shivers. She smiles. And you smile back at her. "That's why I promised myself I'd never die with my mouth open."

  "I'll just resist life by accepting my death." A silent car passes by before you find it in yourself to ask her, "Still babe, why are we talking about such gloomy things?"
The love of your life's eyebrows knit together in a look of confusion just as she speaks up, "What do you mean why?"

   Your hand shakes as you reach to brush a stray piece of hair off her face just as she steps closer towards you. "I'm dead. Remember?"
Guilt sneaks up your veins, swallowing you whole. She looks at you and you look away, "I realized this is a dream. Just... didn't want it to be true, Iㅡ"

  Her sweet breath fans over your neck.  You feel sad, almost discarded. "You're dreaming, Y/N, but that doesn't mean I'm not real. I'm here after all."

  You step back, heels just barely tipping over a dying garden. "I miss you." Jieun nods softly.

Your relationship with her had always been the highlight of your life, the best four years you'd spent alongside someone. She was truly the love of your life. And you were hers. Though the downs sometimes overweighed the ups, every moment with her was truly spectacular. Jieun made you feel whole, complete. And without her, well, you're nothing. You still think that she left you with empty vessel of a heart when she decided to...