Chapter 4 - Nonfeasance

You sighed depressingly as the door slams shut.

"Something to fight for..." you mumble in silence and realized you haven't questioned that to yourself "To whom am I fighting for?"

You closed your eyes as the breeze from the window blew on your face. The curtains dances, the sun's rays kissing your features. You clench your left fist right after you opened your eyes.

"Tch. 'Tend to work exceptionally when fighting for someone', that's bullshit. I've been undefeated till now because of my thirst for glory."

Deep down inside though, you knew you believed her.

"Pushing the limits for another individual you cared for..." You wonder deeper, this topic hasn't escaped your mind. You laid back down on to your soft bed and stared at ceiling.

You never knew that a strong intensity of love can go really far, surpassing even your own conviction. The hunger for glory, the pride that you carry, the honor you've been wanting for so long- that's all of the things that composes your purpose. "Was it really THAT shallow?" you couldn't stop thinking.

Hours went by, your clairvoyance activated, you saw someone knocking the door and came in. Your prediction stops there.

"Someone is visiting me?" You were confused but happy, maybe a fan? An interviewer? You don't really know but you were excited. A small smile painted on your face with raised eyebrows.

You heard a couple of knocks behind the door. The sound of clunking metal, twisting the door knob and opening it.
Your smile grew larger and the level of excitement increased. You thought to yourself, "is this what she was talking about?"

The door open widely to see a beautiful girl in white. She muttered with her beautiful feminine voice "Let's check you up Mr. L/N". After a good look on the person, your smile died and your face was painted with disappointment.

She noticed your expression and asked "Sir are you alright?" You sneered to her question. "I'm for a check up Mr. L/N" you nodded in response and your expression became a poker face.

The nurse undress your top to reveal your body covered by bandages. The nurse held your rib side gently and massaged it.

"Do you still feel pain here?"

"A little bit."

The nurse writes down your data on a clip board. She went to you, helping to put back your clothes back on.

She looked at the monitor to see your aura meter, she writes right after. "That's all for today Mr. L/N, being a fighter has strained your body to have a quicker healing factor from your aura. You'll be out soon enough" The nurse smiled at you brightly as she leaves, closing the door.

You covered your eyes with your arm with tears are flowing out of the gap. You gritted your teeth and clench your fist. Feeling like a failure. You knew you weren't, but it felt like it. You've come so far but only finished second. Anguished with your broken pride, you let out a defeated sigh. You get up from your bed and went to the restroom provided in your room. You turned the faucet on, gathered the cold tap water on your palms and then washed your face with it. You raises your head to look into the mirror, you bit your lip and it hurts. You saw your reflection that there was a cut on your lip, still looking fresh. From the bite it bled.

You imagine a girl hugging you from behind, snuggling her head above your shoulder. She then wipes your blood from the mouth.

You were lost in that thought but still continued to do so. You saw yourself blushing. Who could be this girl? The first that came into your mind was a girl with emerald eyes and crimson her, it was Pyrrha.

Your eyes widen as your anger filled the meter of your rage.

"SERIOUSLY? HER? PYRRHA?!" You huffed and stared your angry looking face in the mirror. You punched the wall and started the breathe uncontrollably.

"Haaarggh!" followed by a groan, you grabbed the hand washing bottle and threw it out of irritation. You scratch the back of your head and got out of the bathroom.

You went back to your bed and laid your back comfortably. You let out a sigh and whispered

"I'm lost..."

You laughed at yourself "Ha-Ha-Hahah" and it slowly turned into a cry. You slammed your bed with you left fist. You heard something fell down. You take look and saw your sword and shield. It reminded you, on how you got to this position, the way you worked hard and fought your way through.

"If I want answers, I should learn it from her"

A/N: G.S. here, I hope ya'll enjoyed this chapter, vote if you liked it! And share your thoughts in the comments section below. Make sure to check out and follow our individual accounts GasmSenpai (me) and imxssyou <3 <3
If you haven't yet

-GasmSenpai