Chapter 16

*Darcy's pov*

I shuffled into the kitchen with Harry close behind, shutting the kitchen door and leaned against the counter, arms still crossed. I swallowed but knew I had to talk to him, for my and mainly Dougie's sake.

'Harry!' I started to say, but he held up his hands and stopped me.

'Can I say something first?' he asked, stepping closer towards me. I nodded and bit my bottom lip, wondering what he was going to say this time. 'I'd just like to apologise for my stupid outburst yesterday. It was wrong of me to start blaming you, I guess I'm just upset about this whole Dougie thing so I'm sorry.' he apologised, smiling at me in hope that I would forgive him. I smiled back and stepped a foot closer to him and placed my hand gently on his arm, which was still folded.

'Of course you're sorry. I'm sorry too for hitting you.' I said, smiling more and going in for a hug. Harry patted my back and joined in with me. We stood in the kitchen hugging for ages before separating and going back into the lounge, smiling goofily at each other. Thank god we're friends again!

When we got back into the lounge, the guys were sitting round the coffee table chatting and laughing. I hadn't heard Dougie laugh like that for such a long time that it filled me with pride and I felt myself welling up again. Dougie got up to order some Chinese whilst me and the guys continued talking.

'How's he been today?' Harry asked, putting his feet on Danny and lying back on the sofa. I gave him a big thumbs up and giggled.

'Yeh he's doing so much better today. After we heard that the guy that hit him has been put away, he's been amazing!' I told them, beaming with happiness. 'I'm just glad he's doing better so soon near my birthday.' I said with a laugh. The guys all grinned at me, I looked at them suspiciously.

'What?' I asked, sticking out my bottom lip sadly.

'We can't tell you!' Tom said, shaking his head.

'Guuuuys! Please?' I whined, throwing a pillow at Tom who was still shaking his head. They all laughed but still refused to tell me so I left it, but not for long as when Dougie came back in, I started to bombard him with questions.

'Doug! The guys are planing something and won't tell me. Is it a party? A special present? A new piece of gossip?' I asked, poking him with every guess. Dougie laughed and mimed a zip over his mouth and turned to Harry, quickly changing the subject with something to do about music. I sat in my corner in a strop, why weren't they telling me? The doorbell rung with our Chinese and I got up to go get it, as soon as I left the room, I could hear the guys all whispering, probably about me but ignored it and paid the delivery woman with a smile and then went into the kitchen to get plates and stuff. I came back into the lounge and served up to everyone before seeing to my own, sat down on my side of the sofa and put the TV on, flicking through channels until I came across 'Just my Luck' and gasped.

'Oh look boys! It's that film you're in!' I joked, turning up the volume. The boys simultaneously groaned and started to cringe.

'Oh my god! I look awful, please turn it off!?' Danny protested, hiding his face behind his plate of food. 'Oh god, I sound bad too, turn it off!' I laughed and started to mock the boys. We watched the whole thing, laughing and taking the piss out of the terrible acting and awful outfit choices. It then came to the bit in the dressing room before the show and the worst acting on Dougie and Danny's behalf was about to happen.

'Agh my eye!' We all said together.

'My a string!' We all said again, copying Dougie's baby voice before erupting into hysterical laughter. The film ended whilst we were wiping away our tears before starting to eat again.