Chapter One- For When a Door closes, a Window Opens.

Mr and Mrs Endercott couldn't help but look absolutely stunned when their son's butler of two months placed his readied luggage in front of them.
"Apologies... But... I simply can bear this no longer." He said, bowing his head sincerely.
"What ever are you talking about?! Surely this has nothing to do with our son's behavior... he may be a bit of a troubled lad but.. you were making progress!" Mrs. Endercott stammered, baffled. The young butler only grimaced.
"With all do respect, m'lady... ah... y-your son has managed to injure two butlers before I, and has even set my sleeping quarters on fire once-"
The woman waved her hand in a dismissive way.
"Fool! thats because you need to discipline him better! He is nothing but trouble and we hired you to fix that!"
"I am not a baby sitter m'lady!!" The young lad exclaimed before regaining himself and bowing his head once more. "I cannot fix your son. Perhaps... maybe, if you were to spend more time with him, he would behave differe-"
"Are you blaming MY parenting skills for my sons ill behavior!!" She looked overly offended, her gloved hand clutched to her breast like she couldn't stand the thought that a mere butler would accuse her of such a thing.
"I, well, er-"
"Well. I think it's safe to say this is our goodbye to you, Wesley Pomareo." Mr. Endercott chimed in, a hand gripping his wife's waist tightly like he was keeping her from fainting by the boy's incompetence.
"Actually it's William-"
"good. DAY- Mr. Pomareo."
After another short pause, the young butler fleed the manor without another word.

"Good heavens.." Mrs. Endercott fanned herself with her hand. She was a rather plump thing- Curly hair that framed a round and tired looking face. Her corset could barely contain her bust, much less her gut. She sat herself on the couch nearest to the fireplace and smoothed her dress, flustered- as if this was her first time dealing with a quitting butler.
It was not.
Mr. Endercott joined her, lighting a cigar and looking into the flames. He was tall, and wire like, long, boney legs with knobby knees and a jaw that stuck out like a witch's. His shoulders were entirely too wide for his body, and his hands were large, fumbling with the match clumsily as he lit his cigar. He had a dark mustache that he was very fond of, and groomed often, that curled just above his lip.
"Good heavens indeed." He said as he placed the cigar between his lips.
"What are we to do with that child, Henry?" Mrs. Endercott looked to her husband with honey colored eyes.
"We've tried everything we could, Mary, there's just no use. Perhaps, if we were to hire a counselor instead of a butler, he would be disciplined more."
Mary sighed heavily.
"Perhaps. But, why our son? I mean, our daughter turned out just fine! Shes moved on, married, raising kids of her own, and yet, the earl to the Endercott Company lies in the hands of..." She waved her hand, fanning herself again.
"I say we give it a try."
"Give what a try, darling?" Mary asked.
"Hiring a counselor. Someone who is trained in teaching manners and slapping wrists!" Henry said.
"One way or another, we will make a gentleman out of our son!"