Chapter 27

Songs for the chapter are:

Die In Your Arms- Justin Bieber

Shattered- O.A.R

(If anyone has any song suggestion let me know please!😘)

****

I wake up with a chill, something hard, cold, and -metal?..beneath me. When my eyes open I don't see anything, the room completely dark. I attempt to sit up and feels a pain shooting through my head. I clutch it and fall back, squeezing my eyes shut.

The door opens and shuts with a squeak, and the lights flip on. It takes a moment for my eyes to adjust and Harry comes into view.

"Where am I?" My voice is strained. As I look around, I don't recognize the place. "What happened, Harry? Help me, please!" He snickers and rest on his knee beside me. Tears run down the side of my face and I clutch his plain black t-shirt, sitting up.

"You were going to leave me, and I couldn't let that happen." My eyebrows push together. I'm oblivious to what he's talking about.

"What?" He looks surprised.

"You don't remember?" But, slowly, it comes back. My dad, the kiss, those three words, Emma, Kristen, the drink. My breathing escalates and I glare at him, shocked.

"Why would you do that to me!?" I shout and attempt to push him away but he grabs my wrist.

"You almost left me." He whispers. The door opens and hit the wall loudly, a group of police officers coming into view.

"Shit," Harry breathes. My head spins with confusion. The struggle to handcuff him and drag him out the room. It all happens in a flash, and before I know it, I'm being wheeled out the door on a stretcher. I see Anne following beside the paramedic, and there's so many questions I want to ask her, but I can't seem to find my voice anywhere.

They lift me into the back of the ambulance, and I see Anne holding Emma beside me. Faint memory of Harry telling Kristen that Emma was his child replays in my mind, and I bite my lip to hide back tears. Did he lie to me when he said he wasn't fertile? What happened all those times we went all the way and he used no protection what so ever? Am I the one who can't have babies?

"Mama!" I hear Emma squeal, and a smile takes over my face. Anne giggles, grabbing my hand and I turn my head to see her.

"She's been calling you for the last three days. She saw Chelsea the other day and she tried to take her, but poor Emma wouldn't stop crying." I giggle, and grab her hand. She isn't my child, and at first I admit I didn't care for her much. But over such a short period of time, this little girl made her way to being my whole world.

The vehicle stops and the doors open, feeling the stretcher being wheeled out. The bright lights hurt my eyes as they take me to a room. I'm not very aware of what is happening, until I feel my body transferred into a comfortable bed, my back hurting for a second until it adjust.

"Mrs Styles," I hear and my eyebrows furrow. I turn my head to meet the doctors gaze, my eyes widening when I see Harry's face. My pulse quickens and I hear my name, over and over again from around the room, growing louder and louder.

***

I jolt awake, a bead of swear covering my forehead. The first thing I see is Harry, and the small bedroom at his mum's house.

I reach for his plain black shirt, and pull him down towards me. He climbs in the bed beside me and pulls me into his chest. No words are spoken, only the dream playing through my head repetitively. It seemed so real, my vision was so vivid, and I could feel everything.