Chapter Two

Present day.

I felt a buzzing in my pocket and pulled out my phone to see a text from my best friend. I was currently sitting in a lecture at college and I groaned as my professor gave me a death stare. He was a wolf too, not that the majority of my class knew it. He had heard the almost silent buzz and glared as I put my phone back in my pocket. She had told me she would meet me at the pack territory after her next class, and to go without her. I replied a simple "ok :)" and waited for class to end. After what felt like the longest ten minutes of my life, he dismissed us all and it was time to get ready.

I quickly stopped by my dorm to get my luggage, I had packed last night so I could leave straight after class and drove back to my pack lands. I was greeted my mum at the door who I hadn't seen in months. Not many wolves travel off the pack lands to study but I wanted to be more than a pack member, I wanted to contribute to society too!

I groaned as my mum squeezed the life out of me with a bone crushing hug.

"Clarissa honey I'm so glad you're home! We've missed you so much, oh your brother and dad will be so happy to see you." She said as she stepped back to observe my face. Her hands warmly cupped my cheeks and her eyes were still wet from tearing up.

"I know mum, I'm really happy to be home. Where are Trent and Dad anyway?"

"In his office honey, they're just talking pack business, nothing important, go say hi"

So I made my way to my dad, the Alpha of the Night Moon packs office and knocked lightly on the door.

I heard a familiar, gruff voice say "yes?" As I pushed the door open. His face immediately changed from annoyance to joy as he leapt from his desk and almost ran to me. He pulled me in for a tight hug as my brother came back in to the office and ran to me too.

"You're home! Why didn't you tell me you were coming back today?!" Said Trent, my older brother. Dad followed asking the same thing.

"I wanted to surprise everyone! Plus my birthday is in a week and I wanted to be home with the pack for that. If that's okay with you guys.."

"Of course it's okay!" They replied at the exact same time, before my brother excused himself to tell everyone the news.

"Go to your room baby girl and unpack, let your mother and I organise everything. We will have a big party and invite all the neighbouring packs! Your brother will be taking over soon as alpha so it will be a chance for him to meet the neighbouring alphas too." Said my dad as he lead me to my old room.

"Thanks daddy," I said as I put my things down in my room and began to settle in.

______________________________________________

It had been an hour now and I had put my things away and had a shower before going to the kitchen in the pack house to say hi to everyone. I had been living on campus at my college, and even though it was only an hour away it felt like I had just returned from China. Everything was foreign, but familiar. And as I made my way to the kitchen, I realised I had forgotten what it was like to live with a family of 100 people in a pack house.

My best friend Sarah was sitting at the kitchen island and she smiled when I walked in. We lived together on campus but she had come back after her classes too to be here for the celebration.

We were both thinking the same thing, would we finally meet our mates? Of course for her, it was less concerning. She would meet her mate, fall in love, and have pups. I would meet mine, hope that he loved me, and we would go to war together. Even though I believed in the prophecy, I still didn't really know what it meant. I was obviously the White wolf, but it didn't feel like war. Our only real problem was vampires who occasionally crossed on to our lands to hunt. Other than them, we had no issue.

"Coffee?" She said as she slid a mug towards me.

"Mmm you know me too well. I'm so tired, I feel like I haven't slept all week!" I said as I sipped the delicious warmth from the cup.

"I know right! But you can sleep when you're dead, we need to go shopping for a dress!" She said as she kept from her seat, grabbing her car keys and dragging me out the door.

Next thing I know, we're at the shops trying to find something cute for my 21st. She was 21 already, older than me by a few months. Usually when you turn 21, your wolf becomes aware of your mate. Before then, she usually deems you too immature for a mate and waits until your 21st before she begins to hunt him down. Sarah hadn't found hers yet, but the party was the best opportunity we would both have.

I finally found the dress I was looking for, short but not slutty, black, tight enough that it accentuated my curves and it crystals around the neck line. It was elegant and I hoped my mate loved it. Sarah had found a gorgeous red flowy dress that suited her like nothing else. My best friend was gorgeous, tall and thin, tanned skin with long blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. I however was short, thin but not model material like her, had dark brown hair with green eyes and lightly tanned skin. She told me I was gorgeous but I knew she was the hottie out of us two.

Happy with our purchases, we went on to find some heels, lingerie and got our hair cut before we made our way back to the pack house. I was so excited to finally be just days away from my birthday and hopefully meet my mate.

________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading chapter two! These first few will be relatively short while I introduce the story and such so they will get longer in future.

Please vote, comment etc if you want me to keep posting this story!