eighteen

"WANT ME TO COME WITH YOU?", Elsie asked, unbuckling her seatbelt

"Yeah, you can do." I said, flipping down the sun visor and looking in the mirror of her Range Rover.

We got ourselves together quickly, touching up on our makeup which we couldn't before as we were racing through the hectic New York traffic to get to the studio. Handing Elsie back her Givenchy lipgloss I unbuckled my seatbelt, grabbed my bag and stepped out the car.

Linking arms we walked towards the side entrance of the building which Maria texted me to take. Pushing the heavy door open, we wandered down the empty corridor towards the sound of loud, thumping pop music mixed with camera clicks.

"Hellooo!" I said, walking around the corner and into the studio.

"Sylvia!" Maria smiled, walking towards me smiling, "oh and you brought Elsie as well, how wonderful!"

"Hi!" Elsie said, giving her a small side hug.

Maria Petchikova was a dangerous women. At only 32 she expelled confidence and had a powerful stance in the fashion industry, making her a force to be reckoned with.

Today she looked as fierce as ever, with a long oversized grey blazer, tucked into matching grey slacks and her hair straightened falling smoothly down her back. A thick Gucci belt was wrapped around her waist and a coffee cup was gripped tightly in her hand.

She was the epitome of high fashion.

"Right then." She sighed, placing her free hand on her waist and blowing a piece of pin straight black hair out from her face, "let's get you to makeup."

I nodded and followed her over to the left  side of the room.

"Okay so we've got around 5 looks to do today, but we're keeping the makeup simple. Anna here." She placed her hand on the shoulder of a petit women with a short bob and lip ring, "will be doing your makeup."

"Nice to meet you." I said, extending my hand to her which she quickly shook.

"So a natural base makeup but with a bronzy glow to it, ok Anna?"

Poor Anna didn't even have time to reply before Maria patted her on the back, gave me and Elsie quick smile and charged off to the other side of the room.

• • •

After a long 40 minutes of Anna doing my makeup and another girl fixing my hair, I was done and Maria came over to take me to get changed.

"Sylvia baby!" Mitch said turning around when I walked into the room, and walking over to scruff my hair.

"Get of it you idiot." I said swatting his hand away.

He laughed and gave me a quick hug, "How've you been doll?"

"Good, good." I smiled, "You? How's the boyfriend and dog?"