Article #2: Rachel's Hate

What's the first thing that comes to your mind when I say "red"? Well, I think of Rachel Elizabeth Dare, an artistic, clear-sighted mortal who threw a blue plastic hairbrush at Kronos and became the Oracle of Delphi. She is someone who you don't want to mess with, and yet the fandom seems so dead set on giving her hate - and lots of it.

Let's be real. One thing we love is our ships, and in this fandom one of the major ones is Percabeth, so it makes sense to not like someone who did interfere with said ship. However, let's be real: if any one of us could date Percy, we would. Yes, Rachel did date him, but at the time he and Annabeth weren't anything more than friends, as annoying as that was. Let's look past the fact that she interfered with Percabeth and look at all the reasons she's actually pretty cool.

Firstly, Percy and Annabeth would not have been able to escape the labyrinth without her. Secondly, she threw a blue plastic hairbrush at the Titan Lord Kronos. Thirdly, when the Battle of Manhattan happened, she used her dad's helicopter to ensure that she got to Manhattan after receiving a vision that Percy wasn't the hero of the prophecy, even though her pilot, being a mortal, fell under Morpheus's spell and put her in danger.

When Rachel speaks with Hestia, she realizes that her and Percy's paths aren't intertwined and that her calling is to be the next Oracle of Delphi. After the Titan War is won, and the curse is removed from the oracle, Rachel becomes the new Oracle of Delphi.

So my fellow demigods, sure, you can be annoyed with Rachel for interfering with Percabeth, but don't hate on her for it. R.E.D is an amazing person, and we are quite lucky she was willing to become a part of this insane world.

Written by Fangirl33107

Edited by ClaireValdez