chapter five

riska's pov-

Looking back we all should have guessed what was happening how could we have all been so blind to not see it? rouges were comming together and the banished ones were only making them stronger. when a new alpha comes into control the old alpha has two options to either leave the alpha willingly or be killed by the other. There was those rare occasions in wich an alpha would stay in dimitri's fathers case he was just moved to beta but most ex-alpha's were usually outraged by not being alpha since it ran in there blood they eventually went mad with hate and began killing for little to no reason. Thats why they left early. Now a new group that had called themselves the Mana were getting bigger and stronger worst part was that they claimed to be the ones killing other human's and werwolves and being the cause for spreading the disease. So now the packs had come together to protect our numbers yes we both were big packs even considered clans but against the Mana we were nothing. that ment wards between us would grow smaller and a larger one would protect us all. A ward by the way is like a barrior against other werewolves vampires etc.

"I refuse to live with him" marcus said after they had announced that dimitri and me would move in immediatly to a safe house in the middle with marcus and his family etc. dimitri looked over lazily at him

"Then leave" he said slowly and dryly. Marcus's eyes grew yellow and before anyone else noticed he shifted, there was screams as he threw his wolf self over the tables at dmitri. Dimitri quickly stood and guards pushed everyone out of the way dimitri still in human form pushed me behind him quickly knocking me over. marcus waited until i was just out of the way before throwing himself fully at dimitri. dimitri griped the wolves thick neck and slammed him aginst the balcony before throwing him over the edge everyone had moved by then ,marcus barley had time to get up before dimitri lept from the balcony i screamed but it was muffled. mid air he shifted into his wolf! black as a raven only one paw white he was much larger than marcus and looked meaner he bit marcus's neck and marcus whined he growled low before throwing him against the wall he padded over to a cowering marcus and growled marcus finally but hesitantly lowered his head and ear refusing to look up, a small whimper came from his bloody wolf form. Dimitri growled once and nipped at Marcus's front paws before raising his wolf howling a triumphant howl. At once my inner wolf almost leaped out but I resisted and settled for a sly smile. He bounded up the stairs taking 4 at a time he Trotted up to me and waged his big tail once I put my hand on his head and scratched behind his ear. he moved behind a large column and shifted putting his clothing back on and moving from behind it. I smiled at him and blushed because all eyes were on us as he swept me into his arms and kissed me. Everyone seemed to fade from our little world and I felt him enter my thoughts. Reading them. Wandering around. As I did the same "what is this!" I thought "were bounded darling. Don't fight it" he thought and I didn't. But someone clearing there throat brought me out of my small intimate home.

"Riska, Dimitri we must continue" my father said I blushed and Dimitri cleared his throat. "Yes sir" he said the room had been put back to order and a red Marcus and his mate sat quietly at the end far from us. She was whispering things to him to try to calm him down. How long had we been like this? We sat down and the meeting continued.

"So! Ella and Dimitri WILL be moved into the safe house along with the others. Is that understood?!" My father said looking at the far end of the table a few grunts of Approval and nods around the room. "And if anyone is against...living with them....then THEY can leave the safe house and brave against the mana on there own. But remember this....if they choose to leave....they will NOT have the protection of the clans." He said, everyone agreed. "Now! Protection rules will be changed. Matthew Monday would you?" A tall lengthy man stood and explained the new protection procedures everyone would have to take. new curfews. No more rouges would be accepted. Mating would be encouraged so we would have numbers when the war began. And help from out side would be brought in.....let the fun began I thought.