2

I'm Brooklyn Paisley

***

Holy...fucking...shit!

This is impossible!

I HAD NEVER been rendered speechless in my entire life over a woman, until right now. This isn't real. This was just part of my fucking imagination because there was no way she was in front of me right now.

I took moments to take every little detail about her. Her brown hair was tied loosely. She was still tiny and a foot shorter than my six feet and two inches tall. Brooklyn was always willowy. My gaze flickered down her legs sheathed in skinny jeans and matched with her doll shoe.

I shifted because she was still beautiful. Stunning. If it was even adequate. I strolled my gaze back to her small face that almost covered half of it with her immense sunglasses.

Her cute little chin lifted up. "Um, sorry for coming up here unnoticed."

Oh shit! I just checked her out and didn't even invite her in. Where are my manners?

But what is she doing here?

"I'm Brooklyn Paisley." She extended her hand.

I stepped closer to her, still stunned to this whole situation, and until now I had no fucking clue why all of a sudden, she was knocking at my door. I gripped her hand-it was small, soft, and delicate. And enticing. Shit! My face instantly heated.

"Arrow Slate."

"A friend of mine said you're looking for a roommate." A friend? A roommate? What the fuck was she talking about?

"You must have knocked the wrong door. I can't remember I posted somewhere that I am looking for a roommate." As much as I wanted to fantasize about her I couldn't let her stay. I couldn't take advantage of her because if she would, I would definitely do.

I intensely looked at her. Imogen was not messing with me when she said Brooklyn was Blind. It seemed like she was looking at me but seemed not.

"Oh, I see. Um..." She shoved her hand to her tote bag and pulled her phone, tapped the screen, then commanded, "Dial Imogen Lachlan." Of course.

I kept my mouth firmly shut as the phone rang.

Imogen told me she didn't get a chance to talk to Brooklyn, yet she was here standing on my apartment door and calling her. Just great!

The voice of Imogen came over the loudspeaker. "Hey, Brooklyn is that you?"

I grabbed the phone from her hand and spoke to Imogen. "This is Arrow."

"Oh, she found you." Her voice seemed ecstatic.

"Hold on a sec." I looked at Brooklyn. "Please, come in." I closed the door behind her and placed a hand at her back.

She stiffened against my hand.

"I just wanna guide you to my living room," I told her.

"I can use my stick, and I am not completely blind." She showed the white cane and started walking to the couch.

"Sorry. Have a seat." I scratch my scruff, feeling my face heated. "Tell Imogen, I'm gonna talk to her on my number." I gave back her phone. "Can I get you something to drink?"

"Just water. Thank you," Brooklyn answered.

"Be right back." Before I walked away, I looked at her one more time to make sure I was not dreaming. She was placing her bag on the couch, and her stick already folded on her side.