4

You need to get laid.

***

THAT WAS FUCKING awkward. I tried to break my gaze, but I couldn't, and what worsened was my fucking hard-on. She apologized and informed me that she loved reading books. Now that ability was taken away from her, she had to listen to the audio version.

In the morning, I went for a run. It always made me forget things as soon as the adrenaline kicked in, and it was a good way to start my day, but this time I was disappointed-I was completely distracted, and what red-blooded man wouldn't be?

I wanted to go out last night and get laid to release the urge, but something was holding me back, and I ended up meeting my friend Jack in the bathroom. My brain still consumed with Brooklyn, and it was a huge relief and mortified at the same time.

When I came back after my run, I saw her back as she entered her room, and something changed in my apartment, probably the ambiance-it felt more welcoming than the silence every time I came back from work. Something wafted in the air. It's the smell. It smelled flowers and breakfast, and coffee.

I strode past the living room to the kitchen. There was a plate with stacks of pancake, a plate of scrambled eggs, and bacon. Then the coffee maker was half-full. I picked a strip of bacon and shoved it into my mouth. While chewing, I grabbed a mug, poured coffee, and sipped it. I couldn't remember the last time I found a table with breakfast, and it was marvelous.

"Brooklyn?"

"I'm done. I'm an early riser." She walked in. My eyes were burning with delight while my heart was hammering in my chest. This was insane.

"You don't have to do this. You could have-"

"Burned myself?"

"Hurt yourself," I corrected.

"I'm getting used to this. I'd been all myself after the accident."

I looked down, feeling my gut stirred. "I'm going to work, do you need anything?"

The way she sat on the couch, she was in deep thought. I stood up and shuffled toward her. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I have to go to the hospital early in the morning."

"I'll drive you there."

"Thank you. I already took a lot of advantage of your kindness."

"It's okay." I sat beside her, and she instantly went rigid. "There's something more, is there?"

"I'm scared." Her voice shook.

"I'll stay with you. I'll wait outside until the surgery is done," I volunteered.

"T-that's not what I'm scared of."

"You will have your sight back, Brooklyn." I shifted in my seat to face her.

Her chin trembled and blinked rapidly.

"Hey." I held her arms. "Look at me, Brooklyn." Shit! "Lift your chin and eyes up here." She did what I told her. Her emotions were swirling in those eyes. I wished I could wipe those away, but I felt helpless at this moment. "You just have to believe and have hope, and I am sure your doctors will do their best to return back your eyesight. I heard worse than your case, yet they werr able to see again."

Tears rolled down her cheeks. My hand raised slowly, and let my thumb wipe her tears. Her face turned crimson. When I lifted my gaze-she met mine. My pulse fluttered. She sees me. For a moment I thought, I saw the old Brooklyn. Her eyes slightly widened, and let her unaffected eye to roam my face.