XVIII. trust

taeyong

taeyong was confused.

very, very confused.

the man laid on his back on the soft covers of his bed, completely alone in his apartment. he closed his eyes and attempted to come to conclusion with his thoughts, but he just had too much on his mind. how would he even go about thinking about this?

jaehyun.

it had been over four days since the two had spoken, ever since the basketball incident. four days since jaehyun had collapsed right onto the other. four days since taeyong had felt jaehyun's sweaty body pressed up against his own...

why was he having these thoughts? it's not like he was into jaehyun or anything.

taeyong ran his hands through his jet black hair. his face began to feel hot. god, he was a wreck. taeyong brought his hands off from his head and onto his pale arms. the boy felt the delicate touch of his fingertips against his arm's skin.

he remembered the sensation of jaehyun's warm skin touching his own, the little pricks of electricity running through him when the contact was made. taeyong craved to experience the same feeling again. yet, he had no idea why.

chest to chest, stomach to stomach, waist to waist...

this was all too much. taeyong's body felt uncontrollably hot. the boy lurched up in his bed. why was he suddenly having these thoughts about jaehyun? he thought he was going to be sick.

this was, until he heard his phone ding from the other room, alerting him that he had received a text message.

"calm down," taeyong shakily stated to himself.

the man stood up and quickly stumbled into the kitchen, where his cellphone had been plugged into. he hesitantly looked at the message.

it was from yuta.

taeyong exhaled in relief.

                                       yuta

                          today 11:03 am

thinking of hanging out today. no classes and the carnival by the pier just opened. almost noon, you game?

the message from yuta briefly asked the other.

taeyong thought for a moment.

no university today. no university means no awkward interactions with jaehyun. no awkward interactions means no talking about saturday. he could use a break from all of this confusion anyway, he couldn't pass up the offer.

                                    sounds great. what time?

-

around a half an hour later, taeyong and yuta had found themselves walking around the small carnival together, enjoying looking at the small games and food the workers had to offer. there was a slight breeze flowing through the atmosphere, calming the hot, sunny day. the two had already snacked on many various carnival treats, enjoying the presence of each other.

"but he's just so cute and his little cheeks are just so..." taeyong rolled his eyes as yuta's cotton candy filled mouth droned on about sicheng's appearance. this had been a never ending occurrence ever since yuta had met the boy, and as much as taeyong loved hearing his best friend happy, these repetitive talks were something taeyong couldn't stand anymore. he decided to let yuta continue talking as he tuned the boy out. kicking a pebble around the ground, taeyong let his mind wander.