04|A Tribute.

Dedicated to @zarah_ciroma

****

Assalamu Alaikum everyone. Before you read this chapter please spare some time and check this over.

A mother was lost on the 28th of February 2019. May her soul rest in Jannatul firdaus. Ameen ya rabb. (Kindly read through the image below)

Thank you and May Allah reward you abundantly.

****

Fatimah's P O V.

After my little conversation with Ya Kamal the car grew quiet. He took me to several popular places in Kano and explained alot of things regarding the thousands of 'kofofi' (gates) that Kano has. They were ancient but were remodeled recently.

It was until Maghrib that we decided to call it a day. He parked the car in front of a bakery or something of the sorts and asked of what flavors i wanted in ice cream.

Still not being used to their names i settled on Chocolate. I have a very nice memory of it with Daddy, it's his favorite too. And it's the first that popped to my head.

Ya Kamal disappeared for a few minutes before reappearing with two little bags. He shoved them to me as he took his seat before driving us home.

I never knew that sitting idly in a car could make one so tired. He took off to offer his Maghrib prayers while i headed to my room in order to do the same and take a nice bath.

After doing all that, i slid into comfortable cotton pyjamas and wore on a hijab over it before heading to the sitting room, where he was waiting for me.

Daddy wasn't at home then but he called to tell me that he was settling some issues at the police station regarding Musa's case.

"You know... you look alot like Mother, you even have her voice" He started right after i sat with my tub of ice-cream in hand. He said he doesn't take much sweets and rejected my offer politely.

More for me.

"I can still remember how fragile and delicate you used to be with those tiny fisted hands of porcelain skin. One thing i used to find disturbing was the fact that you hardly ever opened your eyes, i always thought that it was me you didn't want to see, you only did when you were with Mammy or Baba. That didn't stop me from holding you though, i always used to look at you in awe of how such a beauty came from my Mother. I couldn't even understand how it happened but even then you looked like a spitting image of her. Now i feel like I'm sitting before her" He whispered the last part taking my hands in his.

I nodded in apprehension wanting to know more about the woman who gave birth to us.

I felt my heart tug at the emotion in his eyes. Atleast he could remember her.

"Both your voices are so soft I've never heard her raise hers. She was always calm and collected no matter the situation except one time" he trailed off as his orbs held a distance gaze within. I cleared my throat to bring him out of his reverie before requesting for more.

"Have you been to her room?" He asked smiling.

I shook my head and he nodded "She was a neat freak, her room was pure white- always spotless. Even up till now, come let me show you" He tugged at my hands making the both of us rise and embark on the walk to her room. It was more closer to Daddy's than it was to mine.