19

Irene's POV

"This is my fault! Fuck! This is all me!!!"

"Hyung!"

My lips quiver at the sight of Namjoon. He was wreaking havoc.

It's been five days but Kaizan isn't waking up. What's even worse is that she keeps on having episodes that almost cost her life. That's the reason why we are all here. We all take turns in checking on her.

After the accident, the whole world found out about Kaizan. The moment all BTS came rushing straight to the hospital including all of Blackpink, the media, and the fans were quick enough to put the pieces together.

There are fans outside the hospital conducting prayer vigils for her to get better. A lot of fans were crying as there were videos of Namjoon having a breakdown. There was a fan who was inside the hospital and witnessed everything, then a footage on the hallway and it was heartbreaking. He wasn't himself. He was going ballistic to the point of punching the wall if not for Jungkook and a few of their managers.

Right at that moment, the fans didn't care that they found out Namjoon was dating. What matters was that he was in pain. And they don't like that. They don't like their boys in pain.

I bet a lot of them were pretty much devastated finding out that Namjoon was in a relationship. But I guess the love and adoration they have for him was greater, the reason why they started caring for Kaizan too.

When I saw the news, I didn't think twice and headed to the hospital. Besides, everybody knows we are friends with Blackpink.

Despite my resolve of trying to get better and a few steps to moving on, I can't possibly bear to see him like this, in pain.

And Kaizan, I won't be a hypocrite and say I didn't want her out of Namjoon's life. I did,  once. Because I love Namjoon. Of course, there was a point in my life where I'd want him for myself. But not like this. I used to think about the possibility of them breaking up, but I will never ever wish for something like this to happen to a precious soul. I know that a life without Kaizan would cost Namjoon's too.

And I can't let him stay miserable like this. It hurts me too.

By this time, Namjoon was sleeping on the couch. He had been awake for almost three days and their family had to do something.

My lips quiver at the sight of him. Even with the meds to put him to sleep, it was very obvious on his expression how he was on pain.

If only I can reach out and hug him, comfort him,  and tell him everything will be okay.

But I can't.

My eyes caught Jennie's. She was staring at my direction, a wondering gaze written on her face.

I gulped.

Did she saw me staring at Namjoon?