2nd tragedy

Jane's POV

I was staring at the face of her murderer. She was dying because of him. It was a bright day in boston, but we couldn't see any sunlight. We were down in a basement, tortured by some maniac. In a way, it was my fault. Actually, it was all my fault. She died because of me. Because of my stupid actions.

Maura was at the hands of a murderer. Her body was covered with stab wounds and bloody pools we're beginning to surround her. Maura was tortured. Stabbed multiple times, then drowned in saltwater. He would only let her live to feel the pain. Her cries were beginning to grow weak. Her screams came out loud and full of pain at first, then slowly became nothing more than whimpers. Her hair was yanked, and her skin was clawed. But she was still alive. Maura was barely alive. Her last breath was cut short when he finally shot a bullet through her head. Her last breath, her last plea for help. I saw her. I witnessed her death. She looked so helpless, so weak. Her eyes were pleading for my help. Tears were rolling down her face. She knew it was the end. She knew she wouldn't come out alive. She knew it was my fault. When the shot was finally made, her body crumpled to the floor, as if what was holding it up collapsed. The killer didn't stay much longer. After he left, I ran over to Maura's body. I was shaking. I couldn't think straight. All that was running through my head, was "I let Maura die. I let her die."

The whole time he was torturing her, I was hidden in the shadows. Peering into the room, but not being able to get in. I tried. I tried shoot the door down, banging on it, it wouldn't budge. I could only see Maura lying there, helplessly through I small hole.

I even let the killer get away.

I let him leave.

I let him torture Maura.

I let him kill her.

In a way, I killed her.

---

AHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! JANE JUST LET MAURA DIE!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol sorry that was sad. I like to write to trigger emotions. So, if you were not sad over that chapter, please comment and tell me why! Either I write badly or you are a rock of a human with no emotions lol