3rd tragedy

Frankie is in the hospital.

What? Why?

It's not what it looks like.

He's not dying.

He is fine.

He just had a mild concussion, and is likely to be okay.

Wait what? You said LIKELY.... Is there a chance he won't be okay?

No, well yes. He might forget a few things, but he should be overall okay.

That was the conversation I had with Maura just last night. She called me while I was at a crime scene. Apparently, Frankie was helping Maura with some heavy lifting and accidentally dropped something on his head. Like who does that? Oh right, my idiot little brother. Well, at least he's not as bad as Tommy. Actually, he's not bad at all.

What?

Oh, no hello sweetie, or how you doing?

Jane, it's the middle of the night... why are you calling me?

Frankie's in the hospital.

WHAT?!

Ma! Relax! He's fine, just got a mild concussion.

Oh, well why didn't you tell me that before I freaked out?

Because it was funny.

...Goodnight Jane, and keep me updated with Frankie's condition.

K, goodnight ma.

She freaked out... and it was hilarious! I called her after my shift, around 11:45 pm, and she was all sleepy, and groggy, until I told her the her poor little Frankie was in the hospital. Ha!

I visited Frankie in the hospital around 10 am the next morning, and he seemed fine. He was checked out and ready ot go back to work at noon, so we headed over to the crime scene after some lunch. You should've seen Ma, she was babying Frankie, giving him extras, and helping him with every little thing! It was the best. Maura came to check on Frankie, and thanked him for helping move the heavy boxes.

24 hours later

The door creaked open, almost loud enough for the killer to hear. But she was too busy getting ready to murder her best friend. How could he do this to her? She was his most trusted friend, most loyal friend. But then he just had to end their friendship because of some stupid fight. It was all his fault anyway. He deserved this. He deserved this suffering, this pain, this is his penance for what he did to her. She was merely returning the favor.

Frankie, just recovering from his mild concussion, waits for Jane's signal. Together, the rizzolis get ready to take down a psychotic teen, about ready to kill her friend. They covertly walk into the room, while the girl is getting ready to stab her friend. He's strapped down to a chair, in the middle of the room. Surprisingly, he doesn't look confused at all. It seems as if he knows what's happening. The girl, smiling malevolently, fills the murder weapon with ink. The weapon is a pen. A golden fountain pen, filled with black ink. Just as her hand was about to break through the skin of the victim's back, Jane shoots the girl. Not in the head, not in the back, or the heart, but through her hand. The girl screams.

Somehow, Frankie got caught under the girl's arm. She now chokes him, finished what she came to do. But instead of stabbing the boy, she stabs Frankie. And jane doesn't do a thing about it.

Jane shouts. She shoots the girl again. In the head. The crumbles to the ground, the fountain pen falls from her now very bloody hands. Backup finally comes in, and Frankie is carried away in a gurney to the hospital. The boy, unharmed, walks away from the scene, not even looking back at the girl who tried to murder him. This was his plan all along.