4

Hinata was unusually quiet around Kageyama. Though he returned to playing as he usually did, he politely replied to Kageyama's verbal attacks and seemed to be a lot more alert than usual to Kageyama's needs. No one said anything about it because Hinata was playing as he always did. Kageyama didn't confront Hinata anymore and decided that if behaving as she had when she was male wasn't able to bring Hinata on track, then it was useless trying anything else.

Sugawara got along fabulously with everyone though, even Hinata. But maybe because Hinata had always been treated like a little brother by Sugawara that nothing really felt odd.

On the day of the practice match against Aoba Johsai, everyone was surprised to see Ushijima in the audience.

"The hell is this bastard doing here?" grumbled Oikawa, "How did he get inside our campus like that, wearing another school's uniform?"

"Beats me" said Iwaizumi frowning in Ushijima's direction.

"Do you guys have something to do with this?" Sugawara asked Hinata and Kageyama.

"Huh? No! Why did you assume it was us?" answered Hinata.

"Well you did confront Ushijima once, remember?"

"That was purely coincidental" said Kageyama.

"Coach, there's another school's student here" complained Seijoh's captain.

"Yeah we know. He took permission from us."

"You agreed?"
"Does it matter?"

Oikawa scowled and walked back to his teammates.

"Why would a student of Shiratorizawa grace us with his presence? And Ushijima out of all of them? They practise with college teams and we have never defeated Shiratorizawa. What's his motive?" wondered Oikawa aloud.

"Well, Karasuno has defeated them. Maybe he's here to look at them" said Yahaba.

"No. He's staring at our captain" said Mattsun.

"What?" said Iwaizumi and looked at Ushijima. Mattsun was right.

"That bastard" muttered Iwaizumi under his breath.

"Tooru-channnn!" came a male voice.

Oikawa cringed as he saw a small group of Seijoh students, male and female, cheer out to him.

"We love you..."

"The fuck" groaned Nishinoya and Tanaka.

Oikawa waved back and blew a flying kiss to her fans and they squealed.

"Don't tell me you guys are jealous of a girl" said Tsukishima, "You guys swing for anyone, eh?"

"You wanna fight, Tsukishima?" said Tanaka.

"Don't be distracted" said Kageyama to Hinata, "I am sure he's here for Oikawa."

"Alright, Karasuno! Fight!" came the captain's firm voice.

"Osu!"

Kageyama was right.
Ushijima was here for Oikawa.

Ushijima was quite surprised at his own actions. He'd been informed by Shirabu about the practice match and an image of the gorgeous Oikawa, sitting at the cafe with the female setters flashed in his mind.

A weird feeling overcame him.

He felt curious.
So far his interest in Oikawa had been purely out of respect for the latter's efficiency.

But this, he knew, was different. He knew how Oikawa played. As he watched the first set unfold before him, he knew that his attention on the captain of Aoba Johsai was far greater than his interest in the match per se.