iii. how people die in horror movies

( stranger things, season one )
the vanishing of will byers

( stranger things, season one )the vanishing of will byers

Chapter three: how people die in horror movies

Will is missing, E ... What if Tori is too now?

"Alright, see ya in a sec,"

          "Bye," Eva replied, putting her phone down on the receiver with a small click, no longer hearing Via's static voice coming through the other line.

          Getting up-to her feet, the young girl did up her raincoat which was still on the bigger side, after having it been handed down to her from Nancy a few months ago. Much like a lot of her wardrobe. Luckily enough Eva was tall for her age, so it wasn't too big. She then pulled her back around onto her back, hoping the water resistant label it had was right and didn't soak Tori's homework.

          Pulling up her window, Eva steadily climbed out, careful where she put her feet. If she slipped, she was done for, especially after her mother's loud proclaim that nobody is leaving. Essentially, she was grounded without even doing anything wrong.

          The breeze on her face and through her long hair made her shiver a little, her lips already going a little more chapped. She should've expected it, it was November of course.

          Eva's bike was still outside where she had put it, only the handlebars were much colder now. She hissed a little as she gripped tightly, starting to peddle. Unbeknownst to her, her older brother Mike would be doing the exact same thing soon.

          The town was ominously quiet. No cars. No people, just her. It gave her chills down her spine and she increased the speed in which she peddled. Before long, she was coming to a halt at the corner of Tori's road with Via sat on  her bike, feet resting on the ground. She had a jacket on too but it was undone carelessly and her jeans were messily rolled up at the bottom.

          "What took you so long?" Via scoffed, swinging her leg back over the bike so she could walk by it. She was looking up at the sky which was dark without the glow of a full moon, "it's going to rain soon I'll bet."

Eva didn't bother answering Via's complaint about time, wasn't really worth the bickering. She merely got off her bike and looked around with a small hum. She really hoped it didn't rain, it would make it much more difficult to climb up to the roof again. She looked back at Via, "how did'ga get out of the h-house?"

Via shrugged, "unlocked window. Was going to use the front door but it seemed a bit pointless when my window was alright. Just have to be careful getting back up, y'know?"

Eva hummed in reply again as they got outside of Tori's house, still in the same shape as they had left it with all the lights off. It was properly dark out now and Eva had clicked on her torch and handed one to Via too. Kicking open the gate, Via walked forward in-front of Eva. It was then the rain started overhead, making gentle taps on her head at first.