chapter1

1—not a monster

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

"You monster!"
"So unfortunate for her parents for bringing such a curse to life!"
"She's possessed, dear lord!"
"Leave this village for good!"
"Such a shame, you demon child!"

Such are the words Mirae has grown up hearing.

It is quite ironical to find that the abilities she has, the abilities most people dream of possessing, have come to become the reason why she has to bear with all this discrimination, curses and insults.

She has been given the title 'The Demon' by the villagers, yet she, now, doesn't give a damn.
It has been like this since she was a child.

She was scared then, but now she is all used to listening to people praying for her death.

Some call her possessed, some, a lunatic, some, a demon, and the others, that she was anything but a human.
But here is Mirae, still unfazed by all ill-feelings towards her, and continues her walk home.

This is Mirae, a simple, ordinary girl, with rather extraordinary abilities. Abilities to have a control on anything, to reach any place in a matter of seconds, and to just foresee a glimpse of the future.

"I am not a monster." She keeps mumbling to herself, but stops in her tracks when someone catches hold of her wrist.

"Mirae-ah, are you okay?", a girl asks, a sense of genuine worry in her tone.

Eunbin.

Mirae smiles inwardly.

She turned around, a blank expression masking her face.
She stares at the girl who has been through all her tough time, with an unreadable expression.

Then, she hugs her out of nowhere.

But, this is nothing new to Eunbin.
She knows what it is to live like that.
After all she has been with her for as long as she can remember.

She knows everything about Mirae, what people call her, what people think of her.
But she doesn't care.

Since she can feel her pain and agony.

After all she is an orphan too.

Being the only friend of 18 years old Mirae, she knows everything about Mirae's powers (as much as she knows about herself).

They are more than friends.
They understand each other.
They are sisters.

"Now, now, girl, don't get affected by them. You know how they've been, right? You know how cruel they can be right?" Eunbin was used to comforting her.