chapter9

9— new world

---.ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎ᴥ︎.---

"You—you're him."

"W-what did you say?" he asks the girl again.

"You're him!" she now exclaims, equally dumbfounded by the fact as well.

The boy's eyes widen as he scrutinizes the photogragh that is held between his fingers.

This all is—well totally unexpected, far-fetched, and impossible.

Inconceivable, above all.

He was told that he was an orphan. That his parents had left him on the streets of the village to die. That he, was a worthless being.

But somewhere down, at the bottom of his heart, he had hope, that his parents were still somewhere and all of this was untrue. That they still love him, and look for him.

Now though, that it's all beginning to get disclosed, now that the hope shines from over his long lasting despondency, it's a little harder to really believe it.

He also finds no reason, no excuse to contradict any of Mirae's statement.

Mainly because of two reasons.
One, he had always believed in her powers and her statements were always accurate and true.

Second being, he wanted to believe in it. He wanted it to be true.

"What?" a soft whisper sighs out in disbelief.

Turning around swiftly at the new voice, they are met with the face of a lady of around 45 years, standing with tears gleaming in her eyes, now rolling down her milky cheeks freely.

"Jungguk! Where are you?" She turns around the corner, to face a huge pair of double doors, probably leading to the balcony. "Jung-"
Mirae stops in her tracks, after swinging the door open. There he stands, hands in the pockets, looking away into the scenery in front of him.

Mirae nears him, gently placing her palm on one of his shoulders.
"Is—everything alright Guk? Are you okay?" she asks softly.

Jungguk smiles to himself, then turning around with a little smile on his lips.

"Yeah, it's just—I need sometime to get used to all this. All this has happened all so suddenly that..." he sighed.

" he sighed