XIV

The room quickly grew silent, my heart was racing. I knew I shouldn't have asked him such a ridiculous question. I groaned, palming my face. But his hand caught mine before it could even land.

"Why would you think that?" he asked.

"Never mind, that was a dumb question, forget I asked you that."

I turned over on the opposite side, away from him and the embarrassment that I've placed on myself. He sighed, just before pulling me into him. His arm hung over my waist, grasping my stomach.

"To be quite frank with you...I do. I've grown quite the linking towards you Mia."

This taking me by surprise. Sara was right?!

"Well...but...why me?"

"Why not you?" he responded.

I couldn't think of a single word to say in response. His grip grew a bit tighter as he inched me closer.

"Turn around."

I hesitated, doing as he said, and avoiding any form of eye contact in the process. His fingertips roamed up and down my lower back, sending chills through my body. Although I was ignoring his gaze, I could still see his sly smile as he did all of this.

"Look at me," he spoke, raising my chin, forcing me to make eye contact with him.

His dark eyes were glistening as he spoke, "Mia, you are the most beautiful woman I've seen. You're warm-hearted, polite, well mannered, like-able and the most obedient fighter in our class. I've watched you grow before me, from a novice to an almost proficient fighter. All the time we've spent together has just reminded me off all of that. You're radiant, and sometimes I wonder what I'd even do without you. I've grown attached...if I might say. And before you say anything, just know that you don't have to feel the same way right now, I'll be waiting for you when you do."

His words placed me in a trance. Almost poetic, I was hypnotized. I didn't know how to respond. I placed my head against my pillow, dumbfounded.

"Sunny...I-."

"It's ok....You're probably tired, let's go to sleep," he smiled, pulling me into his chest.

"Actually...I feel the same way too."

I could hear his heart race against my eardrums. He was nervous too.

"And I was wondering something...um...since we're alone tonight I wanted to try something," I muttered.

"What might that be?" he questioned.

I took a deep breath, holding my head up high as we locked eyes. I slowly closed them just before inching towards him. I puckered, feeling tense as we grew closer. He followed suit, gently grasping my cheek and leaning in. His soft lips caressed mine as we shared a kiss...our first kiss.

I sat up and he did the same, the kiss feeling more passionate. I could feel my blood rushing and heart racing. This felt unreal. It was all happening so quickly.

He pulled away, his eyes low as they looked into mine, "Would you like to stop here?" he calmly asked.

I bit my lip, taking in a deep breath. I took a second to think, analyzing our situation. It was much too early for us to get completely sexual, so I told myself that I should rather take it slow. I nodded in response, seeing his eyes glisten as he looked at me.

He nodded, gently pushing back and falling into the bed. He sighed, with a small chuckle escaping his lips. I grinned, giggling along with him as I stuffed myself underneath the sheets.