II

"Ah, Mia. I have good news for you," Dr. Tesst smiled, gesturing for me to take a seat.

I've been seeing her almost everyday for the past couple of weeks, and I honestly couldn't see myself without this. It took me a while to open up but after I did, it felt as though a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. She made me realize all the issues I carried and hid. Helping me recognize and properly cope or even remove them on my own.

All thanks to Bri!

"I've been thinking recently that you need an outlet. I know you've been making a lot of progress but you have potential to be making even more. I've suggested you to attend one of my close friend's classes. It's a bit challenging, but I know you'll get the hang of it, as time progresses" she stated.

"What class?" I asked.

"Let's just say that it's a very...active class, so come dressed in workout gear. You're scheduled to show up this afternoon, starting at 1pm. And don't worry, I worked it in well enough for you to balance everything else along with it."

I nodded in response, low-key panicking on the inside since the last time I was remotely active was in gym class, almost over four years ago. This was going to be the most embarrassing day of my life.

"Don't stress yourself Mia, you'll be fine, I promise. I wouldn't place you into anything that could harm you in any possible way."

•••

Here I am, surrounded by athletic adults, kicking, punching and literally flying in the air. I was a sheep among a pack of wolves, completely isolated. Her attempt was polite, but I would definitely have to pass on this offer. I placed my hand on the door, ready to make my way over to my dorm for a well deserved nap. But the person who stood behind it immediately stopped me.

"Bri?" I muttered in utter confusion.

"Hey Mia! Tesst enrolled you into this class, too?"

I absentmindedly nodded in response, completely lost for words. I moved away from the door, just scanning the room. Was everyone else another one of Tesst's students that she just threw into this class? I had to get out of there, immediately.

"Good afternoon everyone!" waved a middle aged man, draped in a dark colored uniform.

Everyone responded with a greeting, bowing down to him and standing almost at some sort of attention. I attempted to copy their actions, trying my hardest to blend in. But immediately failing when the professor's eyes met mine. He walked over, politely smiling at me, and I did the same in response.

"And who might you be?"

"I'm Mia Briggs, I was just enrolled into this class earlier today," I stated.

He nodded, turning on his heels then walking away. He shouted, beginning the class with a set of stretches. I did my best to keep up. The small movements making my body ache, yet it looked like we barely even started.

"Alright, going on from last class, let's work on our round kicks. Everyone grab a partner and one person of that group grab a guard. Ms. Briggs, come with me."

I took a deep breath, nodding and following after him. He stopped at a corner of the room, grabbing a uniform from the shelf and placing it into my hands.

"Welcome to my class, or as I call this area, my Dojang. Get dressed in the changing rooms and after you come back I have a couple housekeeping rules and conditions I'd like to share with you," he stated.