xxii. final days

▪▪▪▪▪

▪▪▪▪▪

Hogsmeade is a unpresumptuous little village and Dawn didn't mind it that much.

It had been the last Hogsmeade trip allowed for the year, and she decided she would join Harry. Colleen and Drew had both decided not to attended, but she was sure they just wanted some alone time with one another. Since the ball the two had been very secretive. If they were dating they weren't keeping it very obvious.

Her love life currently was bland and boring and she absolutely hated it.

It was all because she was still hung up on a certain boy.

Harry glanced over. "How did your mum's wedding go? You said it was last week, didn't you?"

"Oh yeah," Dawn mentions. The wedding had been successful enough, she didn't enjoy seeing her Aunt Kathy. The woman drove her insane. She made snarky comments about Dawn the entire service, also when the stupid father and daughter dance came up she kept giving Dawn a sarcastic pout. "It was alright."

"I can tell by your expression, it was bad."

"Worse."

"Did you see you're Aunt Kathy?"

"You do listen, and yes I did."

"Did she annoy you?"

"Yep."

Harry snorts under his breath as the two continue to walk in the direction of the Three Broomsticks.

"She's just not a nice women. She's absolutely horrible. She just kept eyeing me and mum with this distance look. She's the worst."

As they enter much to their delight, it had been almost empty, despite the two identical looking Weasley twins in the corner who were speaking in hushed whispers.

"I'm going to go get a seat, get me a butterbeer no cream. Thanks." Dawn says before walking away from him.

"Get me a butterbeer, no cream." Harry mimicked, under his breath. "No please?"

Dawn sends glares at the back of his head as he goes up to the bar.

A moment later the doors open and she turns to see James and Lily Potter walking through the door. She glances back up at Harry, the underaged boy who was currently attempting to get served at the bar as his parents spotted him.