ii. farewells

CHAPTER TWO:

CHAPTER TWO:

FAREWELLS

▪▪▪▪▪

When Dawn awoke from her slumber filled with nightmares, she was immediately packing her bags.

She parted her lips as she continued to shove multiple jumpers into the suitcase. She was going to be there for a full month, a full month, she was going to see him. Dave had decided not to go for the sheer reason he believed the house would get broken into if he did, which was reasonable.

She knew she couldn't try and get out of this one. Considering she had been attacked last night and who knows what would have happened if Lupin or Longbottom were there. She knew for a fact when she arrived in the Order of Phoenix she wasn't speaking to anyone.

Dave entered her room throwing her one of her Quidditch jumpers. " Do you wanna bring this?"

Dawn didn't even look up. " No."

" You love this jumper Dawn."

" Past tense." she says zipping up the bag and swinging it around her shoulders. Dave puts the jumper on her bed and as she walked past him she could hear the sound of his soft sighs following her into the kitchen.

" What are you doing to do when you see him?"

Dawn stops in her tracks and turns back around and looks at Dave. She waits a moment. Frankly, she had been up all night thinking about that exact statement. She didn't know what to do when she sees him. Maybe she wouldn't see him.

Once could only hope, she thinks. She didn't want to see his son either. She rolls her eyes and shrugs.

" I'm only going because it's for my safety," she croaked out, " And I'm practically being forced. So if I do see him, there is a high chance that I will leave."

Dave gives her a look, " You aren't being forced, but yeah I guess you are."

She rolled her eyes as she took one last look around the room. From the messy clothes hanging out of the drawers to the makeup splattered around the room from the anniversary funeral yesterday morning. Not only was Dawns life a mess but she was too.

And it didn't look like either would be fixed anytime soon.

▪▪▪▪▪