Perfect

Author's note- I'm sorry!! I promise, I hadn't forgotten about this story. I just had the BIGGEST case of writer's block for this and a few other stories. Please forgive me? Anyways, not my longest chapter, but I hope you enjoy! -Jo

"Fuck, it hurts," Lauren screamed out through clenched teeth.

"I know baby, I know. But we're almost there, she's starting to crown," Y/n reassured her mate from the end of the bed. She was going to need that bag soon. Where were Ally and Dinah?  Had she run too fast for them to keep up?

As if on queue, the sounds of footsteps came from outside the cabin. She knew Lauren must've heard them because she saw her eyes look towards the door. The familiar scents of her friends getting closer. Y/n let out a sigh of relief, "It's just Dinah and Ally. They are almost here with the emergency bag. Don't worry about anything, love. Just focus on you and our little one, ok?"

Lauren nodded and another big contraction hit her. She used all her strength and pushed, praying her little one would finally join them in the outside world. Sadly, not this time. Her eyes locked with her newly living mate, and they flashed their purple platinum color. Even with the pain and the hair sticking to her sweaty face, she couldn't help but smile. There was still disbelief that her mate was there, wearing what she had in the dream that made her flee to this cabin in the first place. Y/n looked radiant, stronger, yet softer than she had before. Lauren gave herself a second to breathe and footsteps crashed into the room.

Dinah was the first in the room, "Lauren, we're here! Who's th-"

Y/n turned around and her eyes locked with Dinah's. The moment they did, they flashed a platinum and she felt her pack bond reform with the Tongan woman. Both were brought out of the moment when Ally ran into the room, bumping into Dinah, "We made it- Y/n?"

Once again, Y/n's eyes locked with an old pack member and flashed their platinum, bond renewing itself after being severed. The frozen atmosphere was broken yet again. This time by Lauren groaning in pain as she felt the next wave of intense pain. Y/n immediately returned to what she was doing, "I need a towel, she's coming," She looked to her mate, "This is the one, Lauren. She's coming."

Lauren let out a loud groan as she squeezed Dinah's hand. Ally was next to Y/n, towel in hand, blanket over her shoulder, and a pair of scissors to cut the umbilical cord. The world seemed to move in slow motion as the little one finally met the world. Y/n already had tears falling down her cheeks as she cleaned her child and Ally took care of the cord. She took her child and set the naked infant on her mate's chest.

 Dinah had moved and Y/n took her place next to Lauren. She looked at her mate with so much love. Watching as Lauren held the newest pack member to her chest and cried as well. They created this, this beautiful life that now clung to Lauren. She was beautiful, they both were. Lauren's eyes met hers then she smiled and pressed their lips together, "You did it, Lolo. Look at her. She's perfect."

Lauren nodded, "She really is."

Eventually, Y/n, Dinah, and Ally cleaned up the room and helped Lauren get changed. The two Fifth Harmony members waited in the kitchen as Y/n and Lauren were having time together. Y/n was grateful that they had waited to ask questions. Questions she knew everyone would have. Questions she wasn't entirely sure she had the answers to.

But none of that mattered right now. Because the only thing that mattered was her mate and child were in bed with her. The little girl fast asleep in between her mothers, her left fist wrapped around Lauren's finger. 

"I know I shouldn't question a miracle, but how'd you do it?"

Y/n shook her head, "I'm not even sure. One moment, I was dying. I kept fighting even though I knew nothing would work. And next thing I know, I'm acting solely on instinct. Memory barely there. I only felt that tug that you get when you walk into a familiar place, but you swear you've never been. And then there was the pack... and you. You were the most important. Even when I didn't know why. I felt my place was with you and only you, even then. And when you called to me, saying you needed me, it was like something broke free. I remembered everything and I just had to get to you. And now I'm here."

Her eyes met Lauren's. She received a beaming smile from the raven haired woman, "I'm just happy you're here. With us," Lauren looked to their baby, but a yawn escaped her lips.

Y/n kissed her briefly, "Get some rest, my love. I'm going to talk to the two waiting in the other room. I'll be back before you know it."

She got up and kissed Lauren's head then went to leave, but stopped when she heard her mate speak up.

"Y/n."

She turned her head, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing. I just... I love you."

Y/n walked back to the green eyed woman and kissed her like her life depended on it, "I love you too."

Lauren watched as her mate walked out the bedroom door. Y/n was here. Their daughter was here. Everything was confusing, but perfect. Right before sleep took her, she looked down to her daughter. Yeah, everything was perfect.